British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

I am sure if Bomber is back at Glasgow,  he will make amends for his last time, when he came with unreliable equipment, he will not be on a guarantee so will need to earn his dosh by getting points, so people need to give him a chance to prove himself

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I am sure if Bomber is back at Glasgow,  he will make amends for his last time, when he came with unreliable equipment, he will not be on a guarantee so will need to earn his dosh by getting points, so people need to give him a chance to prove himself

He most definitely will be on a guarantee 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He most definitely will be on a guarantee 

I can assure you that the Facenna's will not go down that road again, once bitten twice shy, sick of all the comments about Glasgow trying to buy the league, a lot of envious supporters from other clubs, who forget we were almost down and out until the Facenna's came on board, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I can assure you that the Facenna's will not go down that road again, once bitten twice shy, sick of all the comments about Glasgow trying to buy the league, a lot of envious supporters from other clubs, who forget we were almost down and out until the Facenna's came on board, 

Just laugh it off and agree with them it’s not really worth getting upset about it , It’s only human nature that some will find a negative from a positive and spin it whatever way suits them.

Better just going with the flow and have a laugh about it haters are always going to find something to hate sad but true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

The only part of that I agree with is the guarantee.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Like I've said before it's not just his previous run that bothers me with Harris. He's going to drop at least half a point from that average not having Berwick as a home track. And from a team building perspective means had to release Connor and it rumours are correct have complin at reserve instead!! At least as weak as Berwick and Oxford with that choice.

Yes he may take pressure off Ben, and he may score better away but in my head can't see the logic 

• Like 1

To clarify, my comment was not in any way a dig at Glasgow, you pay well, but I wasn’t referring to that. I was simply saying that Chris Harris WILL be on a guarantee, just like virtually every other big rider in the Championship has been for the last few seasons. The ‘cap’ on it will be for payments from the club only. Bomber had a sponsor at Berwick this season who paid him a guarantee, in agreement with the club. This will be no different this year, you can’t stop a rider from getting sponsorship money after all. You can stop a club from paying a rider too much, but you can’t stop a rider from being paid too much. 

• Like 3