British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Well given Harris isn't going to Birmingham looks pretty nailed on he's signing for us. My feelings are the same as a lot of tigers fans n going to take a lot to get us back on side.

Given the other available options being riss and howarth then he's probably the best of the 3, but still not happy lol

A lot maybe, but nowhere near the majority……….if he is indeed our no.1, most of us are going to be very happy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

A lot maybe, but nowhere near the majority……….if he is indeed our no.1, most of us are going to be very happy. 

Most I speak to are of same view as me tbh. But let's see, if his attitude and particularly his equipment are up to scratch he'll do fine. 

• Haha 1

The tigers as I know is c harris ben basso tom brennan marcin nowak claus vissing ace pijper ..other I hear is complin , obviously not much to play with at reserve but I'm  ot sure about complin if it iss him then we will need to get behind him , great to have tom back great lad & bomber will do fine as a no 1 I'm sure of it knows all the tracks great to watch a solid 5 entertainment guaranteed , I feel if ace does well then we will again compete for title , but we can't put any pressure on 16 yr old kid let him ride & support him no matter what 

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

i was hoping for one of the Spiller boys  maybe but live and ride in Germany 

That’s going back a bit! They were wunderkinds when they rode NDL for Eastbourne some years ago. Daniel must be 24 or 25 and doesn’t really seem to have got very far. Ethan is a couple of years younger.

Or have I missed something?

36 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

If Harris is Glasgow bound the one thing I will say is he won’t find it so easy at Ashfield as he did at Berwick riding at No1.Berwick was right up his street but Ashfield is a much tougher gig as it’s a well liked and a racers track.Shielfield was not so popular.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beirao said:

Riding at number five  is no different to riding at number one. You meet the same opponents and race in heat 13. It was moving out of the easier number four position that was Bens problem in the latter meetings this season. 

You maybe race against the same opponents but I'd argue it's harder as you're out in ht 1 when your unsure of how exactly the track will be.

It's not that long ago, before your rider with the highest average had to ride at 1, that The Tigers top averaged rider rode at No5 so he could see how the track was riding before he took his first ride.

A true No 1 would come in after ht 1 and advise his team mates on how the track was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Complin isn't the type of senior reserve needed to bring ace on imo. He always was a bit wild and rugged and few streamed meetings I saw thought nothing of fencing his teammates. Seems another odd choice to me if true

I think Ace will be able to hold his own, especially if his Dad is in the pits with him

Just now, Cookiefan said:

I think Ace will be able to hold his own, especially if his Dad is in the pits with him

Absolutely I'm sure he'll do fine, all I'm saying is an ideal world you'd want someone looking over shoulder in 2nd bend in the way Shane did with cockle, kziesak etc. In a team like that, exciting though it most definitely might be would be every man for himself lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

You maybe race against the same opponents but I'd argue it's harder as you're out in ht 1 when your unsure of how exactly the track will be.

It's not that long ago, before your rider with the highest average had to ride at 1, that The Tigers top averaged rider rode at No5 so he could see how the track was riding before he took his first ride.

A true No 1 would come in after ht 1 and advise his team mates on how the track was.

Agree,not every Top Rider like riding in Heat1.

One that stands out for me today is Max Fricke at Belle Vue.Certainly always seems to weigh things up in his 1st  ride of the night.

• Like 1