British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

42 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

This was my thinking too, one of Harris or Theo can’t be happening, if Claus, Nowak and Brennan are in.

This is why I don't think it's Harris. 

It's an irresponsible usage of too many points. 

Lawson makes far more sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Is Vissing?

Aye, of course it's true that we don't really know about either yet but you'd think with Vissing and Nowak that's 10 team building points that should be worth 12ish. 

Not sure about Nowak being a good signing,if it’s for home advantage I’m sure Bailey would cover that on a lower average.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Not sure about Nowak being a good signing,if it’s for home advantage I’m sure Bailey would cover that on a lower average.

Really he's on what 6/7 point average in polish first division in theory should be a strong heat leader at champ level, just about whether he's committed to learning the armadale and Plymouth's 

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

If that’s the case then it would scupper Brennan, Nowak and Vissing being a combined prediction…….

I would rather have Vissing, Brennan and Nowak than Harris and Theo that’s the engine room of the team on attractive averages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hahaha, this is hilarious. Hopefully no one announces Lawson or Harris til February! :rofl:

I’m clutching at any crumb of comfort that comes my way and  pray Harris has signed for someone, anyone except us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m clutching at any crumb of comfort that comes my way and  pray Harris has signed for someone, anyone except us.

Although tbf Danny Ford talking about  his 'dream team' and any Poole Champ dream team would prob have Harris at No1! ;)...

...but he also said it was unrealistic. Soooo...:D

I'll be well disappointed if Harris signs for Birmingham or Oxford now after all this fuss lol.

• Like 1

I don’t get the moaning,

is Harris a better #1 than what we had last year?

is Nowak a more exciting prospect than Broc Nicol ?

is Tom going to improve his average if he moves to 3?

is Claus going to improve on his 5 point average at 4?

Will Ben Kick on at 5?

not a Scooby who could go in at 6 but it’s going to be a 4 pointer ??? Any Aussies we’re unaware of??

Do we now have a 2 pointer that every club in the league would’ve been wanting with and extremely experienced mechanic and advisor in his pits?

all this would be done on a 2 point drop from last season. I would like to see any other team have as an exciting group of riders as this to look forward to in 2023.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I don’t get the moaning,

is Harris a better #1 than what we had last year?

is Nowak a more exciting prospect than Broc Nicol ?

is Tom going to improve his average if he moves to 3?

is Claus going to improve on his 5 point average at 4?

Will Ben Kick on at 5?

not a Scooby who could go in at 6 but it’s going to be a 4 pointer ??? Any Aussies we’re unaware of??

Do we now have a 2 pointer that every club in the league would’ve been wanting with and extremely experienced mechanic and advisor in his pits?

all this would be done on a 2 point drop from last season. I would like to see any other team have as an exciting group of riders as this to look forward to in 2023.

Nothing to do with the ability as a rider regards to Harris, more to do with his previous stint as a Tiger when he underperformed whilst riding at certain points of the season on a flymo.

And then we witness all of this and discover he was on a guarantee .

So from that perspective you can understand why some fans are against his return.

Apart from that alls good.

If Chris Harris signs and comes with attitude wants to a right a wrong in his career and shows same commitment he has for the most part in 2022 then I'm sure I can forgive him. I just find it a bizarre choice given the disaster that stint ended up being previously 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not against Harris per se. 

I'm against us signing a rider on Harris' average, at Harris' age and with Harris' past weekend commitments. 

For the avoidance of doubt if Lawson and Harris were on the same average I'd want Harris! 

I'm genuinely not that bothered about my team winning trophies.

I pay my money to be entertained and Harris is more entertaining than Lawson. 

I just think it makes more sense, as the objective of the management is of course to actually win trophies, to sign Lawson over Harris. 

• Like 1