British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

God's honest truth I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tom moved on. I know had full year at no.5 but think he stagnated a bit and looking at potential make up of team we'd need him to become a genuine 8 pointer and not sure he would be. Seemed to perform better for BV than us too which always sticks in my throat.

I'll probably get slaughtered for saying that now :rofl:

The problem with dropping Brennan now, is after a riding at number 5, if he goes elsewhere as a 3rd HL he should then raise that average considerably.

Glasgow need to keep him to benefit from leaving him at 5, especially as they never used Basso in the harder position - leaving him on a high average!

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem with dropping Brennan now, is after a riding at number 5, if he goes elsewhere as a 3rd HL he should then raise that average considerably.

Glasgow need to keep him to benefit from leaving him at 5, especially as they never used Basso in the harder position - leaving him on a high average!

Unless Brennan wants away , doubt Glasgow would not use him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think a number of fans have faith in Cami.BUT.

I'd say older experienced fans who have followed the sport for year and know the tactical game certainly don't have much confidence in him compared to newer fans who don't know the ins and outs yet. We've seen dropped points at home and away which could have made a difference over the years.

The one thing a team manager in the pits knows more than the fans is if a particular rider isn't feeling 100% and doesn't feel up to taking a ride the fans would expect him to take.

I think also the fact Mr Brown always seems to be the 'voice and face' of the team doesn't give a good impression to the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I'd say older experienced fans who have followed the sport for year and know the tactical game certainly don't have much confidence in him compared to newer fans who don't know the ins and outs yet. We've seen dropped points at home and away which could have made a difference over the years.

The one thing a team manager in the pits knows more than the fans is if a particular rider isn't feeling 100% and doesn't feel up to taking a ride the fans would expect him to take.

I think also the fact Mr Brown always seems to be the 'voice and face' of the team doesn't give a good impression to the fans.

I think he often lets Glasgow down. Team decisions and also as you say being ‘the face‘. Doesn’t always come over as the most professional. 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think he often lets Glasgow down. Team decisions and also as you say being ‘the face‘. Doesn’t always come over as the most professional. 

Get the impression he wants to be noticed when things are going well.Don’t think he can actually “manage the riders” when things are not going to plan.To be fair there is not really much aTeam manager can do these days with all the rules.It’s obvious he “ buys” his place as Team Mamager.

• Like 1

Who would do it if it wasn’t Cammi? You build a team to 40 points what more can you do from there, I feel Glasgow have the pull to get good riders, basso coming back kinda shows it, what difference would it have made in the playoffs last season if we had the greatest speedway manager in the world??? The team was on the bones of its a$$ and had lost all leadership since Ulli’s injury and was virtually we were turning over Pooles 3 heat leaders and Zach at reserve.

• Like 1

This year the Team Managers going to have to be a bit more brutal with pulling riders when they’re not performing and get the reserves in instead. With the aggregate point now a thing your going to have to get every point you can at home to secure it. However with the 1-5 I believe we’re getting there shouldn’t be a concern, the concern is more if we struggle at 6 then we’re in trouble.

31 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Who would do it if it wasn’t Cammi? You build a team to 40 points what more can you do from there, I feel Glasgow have the pull to get good riders, basso coming back kinda shows it, what difference would it have made in the playoffs last season if we had the greatest speedway manager in the world??? The team was on the bones of its a$$ and had lost all leadership since Ulli’s injury and was virtually we were turning over Pooles 3 heat leaders and Zach at reserve.

Theo Pijper?

If he doesn't want to ride and give more practical help to Ace?

Personally I'd be happy to roll the dice with both Pijpers at 6 & 7, but I'd much prefer Theo as TM than Brown.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Theo Pijper?

If he doesn't want to ride and give more practical help to Ace?

Personally I'd be happy to roll the dice with both Pijpers at 6 & 7, but I'd much prefer Theo as TM than Brown.

What's greavesy doing these days? Always said he wanted to stay in speedway after he retired..other than nick Morris's spanner man for a while not seen him around 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's greavesy doing these days? Always said he wanted to stay in speedway after he retired..other than nick Morris's spanner man for a while not seen him around 

Legend but let's be honest, not the coolest of heads! Ooooft. 

Didn't he have an involvement in the Edinburgh junior program?