British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

Just now, Endeavour said:

On Tigers Twitter account. As expected confirmed no Cookie at Ashfield next year.

Wish him all the best. Been fantastic entertainment in his time in the stripes, had just gone a bit stale. Best for both to go separate ways, expect him to be top man in the league again next season 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

On Tigers Twitter account. As expected confirmed no Cookie at Ashfield next year.

Glasgow Tigers wishes to announce our thanks to Craig Cook as we confirm his departure from the team ahead of the 2023 season. After more than three years as a Tiger, we wish Craig all the best for the future.

Taken from Twitter

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wish him all the best. Been fantastic entertainment in his time in the stripes, had just gone a bit stale. Best for both to go separate ways, expect him to be top man in the league again next season 

Be the same again for him next season, Doubt he will b top man still a gd rider on his day tho

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

Will miss my number 1, when his head is good , he is a delight to watch, particularly at Ashfield, has had an horrendous season off and on track, but I believe that he can regain form, will probably come back and get a maximum, I wish him all the best next season

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He will still be aTop Man in Championship.IMO.

Without a doubt, I’m guessing but a move back to the Monarchs could reignite his form.

All the best to Craig he has been a true number 1 over the years.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Will miss my number 1, when his head is good , he is a delight to watch, particularly at Ashfield, has had an horrendous season off and on track, but I believe that he can regain form, will probably come back and get a maximum, I wish him all the best next season

I can’t stand the small minded Cook haters who just mouth off at the slightest chance without knowing the facts. I’ve supported Tigers from 1964 and for me he’s been one of the most fantastic to watch and his passion for whatever club he rides for is obvious. My previous favourites at Ashfield have been Les Collins and Shane Parker for their exciting racing especially from the back and I think, for me, Craig just pipped them in the passing stakes. I personally wish him all the best for the future and I’m sure he’ll come back to bite us. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I can’t stand the small minded Cook haters who just mouth off at the slightest chance without knowing the facts. I’ve supported Tigers from 1964 and for me he’s been one of the most fantastic to watch and his passion for whatever club he rides for is obvious. My previous favourites at Ashfield have been Les Collins and Shane Parker for their exciting racing especially from the back and I think, for me, Craig just pipped them in the passing stakes. I personally wish him all the best for the future and I’m sure he’ll come back to bite us. 

He’s a complex character,but round Ashfield on a speedway bike he’s effortless.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Seems the biggest hater is dear old Mr perfect aka Skidder1. Cookie has been one of the best riders in the championship for years,but he's had issues off track both personal and health wise these should not be used to ridicule the bloke it just makes him human like the rest of us.

• Like 3