British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Just for fun……Basso 8.52   Lawson 7.97   Brennan 6.71   Novak 5.00   Vissing 5.00   Complin 3.00     leaving up to 3.80 to fill

or…….Basso 8.52   Lawson 7.97   Brennan 6.71   Novak 5.00   Vissing 5.00   Bailey 4.32     leaving up to 2.48 to fill

Vissing’s average at the end of 2019 was 8.43. He was great value that season. Seems well worth another punt, eh?

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Just for fun……Basso 8.52   Lawson 7.97   Brennan 6.71   Novak 5.00   Vissing 5.00   Complin 3.00     leaving up to 3.80 to fill

or…….Basso 8.52   Lawson 7.97   Brennan 6.71   Novak 5.00   Vissing 5.00   Bailey 4.32     leaving up to 2.48 to fill

Isn't Basso 8.33? That's the figure on the BSPL site. And Brennan is given as 6.85 - 6.67 once reduction is applied. If these figures are correct then the first selection would have 4.03 to fill. 

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

The second option would be delightful and nigh on unbeatable at home.

The existing riders have a combined home average of 22.68, and the other three, based on past performance, would be at least as strong - their averages would be between Ben’s and Tom’s, if they produced that again.

4 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

If Newcastle's matches are removed from averages, Complin will be back on an assessed 4.00 ave.

4 hours ago, Beirao said:

Hume's home figure of 7.04 includes bonus points. 19 of them. His GSA figure is 5.39, lower than his away figure, which surely makes him a more valuable rider, as it gives his team a better chance of an away win. Away points win prizes!   Just a pity is overall average is too high. 

You're right, I looked at the wrong average, dropping Hume seems like an even worse decision now!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Is it worth a rider having a high away average though?

Bailey has a 6.31 / 3.53 split. Hume was 7.04 / 5.73.

So if Bailey has a higher away ave would he not also be dropped like Hume was?

Of course it’s worth having riders that have a high away average. Away from home you can score 1,2 , 3 and 4 at home you can score 3 or 1???

in the play offs/cup matches your going over two legs so you need to keep it tight away from home. Therefore you need riders that can score anywhere.

Glasgow scored more at home than any of the teams in the playoffs, and guess what they scored the lowest away (all season) of any team that made it into the playoffs.

Danyons away scoring was higher than his home scoring but sitting on a 5.83 I’m guessing there taking a gamble on a 5 pointer that they think can put more than .83 on there average.

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If Newcastle's matches are removed from averages, Complin will be back on an assessed 4.00 ave.

5 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Sorry, I thought the points had already been expunged……..my mistake…..

Still waiting for the final averages to be published. But should also affect Starke, James Wright & Clegg who didn't ride 10 league matches after leaving Newcastle. Also puts Wethers back on his 6+ season starting average 

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Playing devils avocado maybe young Bowes cominig in, if i remember correctly isnt there some falling out between the riders/families and so if you want one you cannot have the other.

Apologies if i'm getting all confused in my old age

Could be wrong but was it not the Sedgmen’s in the fallout.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Could be wrong but was it not the Sedgmen’s in the fallout.

Think was more than one rider/ team involved. No idea on ins and outs of it but someone far more clued up on these things told me Bowes and bailey would never be in a team together. 

Whether that's the reason or just wishful thinking on my part since Shane was my favourite rider when I was a nipper... Who knows. Might just be down to the numbers game

• Like 1