British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is it still the case that E Winner league riders in Poland are still restricted to two other leagues then?

A bit of a blow to Peterborough but can't blame him for wanting to stick with such a well run club as Glasgow 

Not winning trophies didn't enter his mind then :party:

Edited by Arthur54

Excellent signing from Glasgow regards Basso & only Bailey will be back from last years side also now.

Ulle, Hume & Nicol weren’t returning for 2023 as I posted weeks ago & I was slightly surprised Cookie won’t be back but maybe a change will freshen him up. 

2 minutes ago, Diablo said:

Excellent signing from Glasgow regards Basso & only Bailey will be back from last years side also now.

Ulle, Hume & Nicol weren’t returning for 2023 as I posted weeks ago & I was slightly surprised Cookie won’t be back but maybe a change will freshen him up. 

Don’t think Bailey will be back, on a 4 and a bit average I’m guessing it’s a 2 pointer going in at 7.

18 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Would expect Bailey to be the senior reserve at number six. It'll be interesting to see who the seventh man is. Complin, Bickley or an NL graduate seem the only possibilities. 

Sam hagon probably the best potential 2 pointer around, had experience of Poland and international competitions but as mentioned earlier might be more likely closer to home at an Oxford or something. Off top of my head struggling to think of any others I'd take a risk on 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Sam hagon probably the best potential 2 pointer around, had experience of Poland and international competitions but as mentioned earlier might be more likely closer to home at an Oxford or something. Off top of my head struggling to think of any others I'd take a risk on 

Henry Atkins?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Money it is Glasgow :D but will be good to watch, don't know if he will be available for all the fixtures, lots of international events now on Friday like GP2 and under 23 events etc 

SGP2 is an U21 competition so Basso and Brennan would be too old next year. 

34 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Henry Atkins?

Seems to come with a bit of baggage. Think stoneman & mulford all I can see from a quick scan through the NL fixtures. Coles and Kinsley be nearer 3s I'd guess. If looking long term Freddie hodder or Jody Scott if team set up like Poole this year and no pressure on no 7? Not sure the mcgurks are ready but might find a few of these riders thrown in this season with reduced points limit 

• Like 1