British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

38 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

How quick can Ashtec turn an engine round, cause hopefully it's back before the 8th

pretty sure it’s a Fleming and think it’s SWR that does lees engines it’s usually a few days turn around once booked in but it all depends what’s damaged inside and once repaired they might not come back as good as before 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of the GP, does anyone remember a 16 year-old Leon Madsen signing for Glasgow in 2005, attending a meeting at Armadale on the Friday night, then quitting and returning to Denmark before he had even made an appearance?

He said the facilities at Stewart Dickson’s garage weren’t a sufficient standard which I found wild because at 16, I’d put my machine in absolutely anything.

BBE42-DED-7-FF8-41-A2-A000-6-CF0-E5-E357

9 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

On the subject of the GP, does anyone remember a 16 year-old Leon Madsen signing for Glasgow in 2005, attending a meeting at Armadale on the Friday night, then quitting and returning to Denmark before he had even made an appearance?

He said the facilities at Stewart Dickson’s garage weren’t a sufficient standard which I found wild because at 16, I’d put my machine in absolutely anything.

BBE42-DED-7-FF8-41-A2-A000-6-CF0-E5-E357

Seem to recall he was due to ride for Tigers at Hull on the fateful evening 5he Hull Promotion found various bits of equipment had been removed from the stadium by the owners and reportedly sold to a rival promotion. 

From what I remember his father was said to overpowering. 

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Seem to recall he was due to ride for Tigers at Hull on the fateful evening 5he Hull Promotion found various bits of equipment had been removed from the stadium by the owners and reportedly sold to a rival promotion. 

From what I remember his father was said to overpowering. 

You’re right. I just checked and he was due to make his debut at Hull on the Wednesday, but it was rained-off, so his first appearance was to be at Berwick on the Saturday night. On the Saturday morning, having attended a meeting at Armadale the night before, he refused to ride and headed back to Denmark.

4 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

You’re right. I just checked and he was due to make his debut at Hull on the Wednesday, but it was rained-off, so his first appearance was to be at Berwick on the Saturday night. On the Saturday morning, having attended a meeting at Armadale the night before, he refused to ride and headed back to Denmark.

Leaving the management with an unholy scramble to get Trent Leverington, the rider being dropped, back in the team!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Basso has put on Instagram that he hurt his ankle and going to hospital to get it checked. He couldn't put his right foot down properly. 

Sounds like he couldn't resist having a go on one of those abandoned trampolines they have in every front garden in Possil. 

Edited by Nickinho

2 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Would the riders be available for Saturday? Redcar have Erik Riss in the Longtrack of Nations on Sunday& possibly Connor Bailey in Poland on Sunday. Would Chris Harris be in the Longtrack as well? Held at Roden. 

GB Team for Roden is Chris Harris, Andrew Appleton. Zach Wajtknecht and Paul Hurry(R)

• Thanks 1