British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

17 minutes ago, snapper said:

A six pack of Irn bru (full sugar) 24 Carmel Wafers and a deep fried Mars Bar after every home meeting 

Nee haggis???

11 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Does anyone think anything will change with the rulebook for 2024 with regards to averages ??

There's not enough Crayola pens or Crayons to fix the rulebook as it is.

Please leave blank.

30 minutes ago, snapper said:

A six pack of Irn bru (full sugar) 24 Carmel Wafers and a deep fried Mars Bar after every home meeting 

don’t forget it was the  full time spanner man that swung it  for him lol

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

One would imagine that the rules (which haven't been written yet, so definitely hypothetical) would either be that his real average takes precedence or it is the higher of tye two so his Prem average would be the one to count.

There are other possibilities, for example a weighted average: 

m x 1.3 x prem average + n x Champ ave

-----‐------------‐---------------------------------------------

m + n

Where m and n are the number of matches used in determining respective league's greensheets

I reckon I'd pay good money to see the BSPA look at this equation and see who internally combusted first 

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I reckon I'd pay good money to see the BSPA look at this equation and see who internally combusted first 

I've got another suggestion that involves linear regression. What would that do them?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ben91 said:

No issue with Glasgow making a signing the rules allow them to make but this is beyond the pale in terms of ridiculousness. The bloke has the same assessed average in both leagues. Stupid. 

British Speedway strikes again. 

Not to mention he’s an Eskraliga heat leader who also has an accurate 6.50 average over here in the Premiership too. It does seem a little barmy 

9 hours ago, arnieg said:

One would imagine that the rules (which haven't been written yet, so definitely hypothetical) would either be that his real average takes precedence or it is the higher of tye two so his Prem average would be the one to count.

There are other possibilities, for example a weighted average: 

m x 1.3 x prem average + n x Champ ave

-----‐------------‐---------------------------------------------

m + n

Where m and n are the number of matches used in determining respective league's greensheets

m + n = g u e s t....:D

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We don’t need to. The Fords got their team building right from the start of the season and didn’t have to go around throwing a massive wad of cash at the death of the season to compete, like Belle Vue did last year with Lambert.

I have heard if Ipswich don’t make the playoffs Emil Sayfutdinov has approached Glasgow to replace Ace Piper.

Must be really throwing wads of cash at this one eh Steve.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes as is obvious from Tarasenko (an Ekstraliga heatleader) and Wojdylo (a league one second string) the same average.

It would be like giving Jye Etheridge and Brady Kurtz the same average.

Jye Etheridge and Brady Kurtz were given the same average when they first came to Britain…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I have heard if Ipswich don’t make the playoffs Emil Sayfutdinov has approached Glasgow to replace Ace Piper.

Must be really throwing wads of cash at this one eh Steve.

It's the track and club everyone wants to to ride for to be fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a retired Barrister I have had a look through the rule book on the SCB site and cannot believe how poorly worded it is. 

The solution is simple rip it up. Get the BSPA brains trust together in front of a legal professional and explain to them the basic rules.

They will then write a new rule book that is easy for fans to follow and does not have loopholes like this in it.

It reminds me of the definition of F1 “To design a winning car that exploits the rule book, without breaking the rules”. 

I for one congratulate the Glasgow promotion on their savvy signing.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

You gotta be happy with that Glasgow fans. All the Poole fans can moan all they want but they've always been extremely clued up on the rules also. If its legal then why not. 

Actually don't think it's Poole fans creating.

I do love it that they've done a Matt Ford though.

• Like 1

Due to Glasgow’s well timed team change in bringing in The Pole  , tonight will be Nathan Ablitts last meeting for Scunthorpe Scorpions and from August 28th he will be replaced by 

Tai Woffindon who will come in at No 7 for the Scorpions using his historical average from  2006  conference league campaign with the North Lincolnshire side apparently this is legal as it’s more then 10 yrs since he rode at the Eddie Right Raceway  . This will now ramp up the pressure on Poole Pirates  who are desperately trying to check is Bartosz Zmarzlik  has ridden for Weymouth Wildcats in the Speedway Conference League .

Speedway has gone Stupid

27 minutes ago, SJA said:

As a retired Barrister I have had a look through the rule book on the SCB site and cannot believe how poorly worded it is. 

The solution is simple rip it up. Get the BSPA brains trust together in front of a legal professional and explain to them the basic rules.

They will then write a new rule book that is easy for fans to follow and does not have loopholes like this in it.

It reminds me of the definition of F1 “To design a winning car that exploits the rule book, without breaking the rules”. 

I for one congratulate the Glasgow promotion on their savvy signing.

Took Glasgows Barrister to get Craig Cook off initial penalties for the Eastbourne fracas in 2019 allegedly. 

He took 5 mins to pick up the fact that Vatcher had levied a penalty above his sign off limit and which should have had higher level joint authorisation. 

Poole are just jealous that Glasgow have exposed by the rule book. Takes some brass neck from Poole after all the stunts they've played over the years. 

No doubt right now Danielle Ford will be trying to persuade Management Committee to create a new rule to stop it. 

Be interesting to see what stunts the hairdresser plays next.