British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm 99.9% certain they don't, but the next time I see a tape exclusion in a match, I'll look at the riders stats before they are updated & compare them afterwards to see (that I'm right lol)

See for example Jacob Clouting. Shown as 38 rides (up to last Wednesday) on BSPL website

And see here: 

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=ta&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Chargers&rider=Jacob Clouting&league=C&sort=date&comp=CMA&club=Oxford Chargers

(Ignoring abandoned match- 38 rides including the tape exclusion at Belle Vue.)

Edited by arnieg

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

See for example Jacob Clouting. Shown as 38 rides (up to last Wednesday) on BSPL website

And see here: 

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=ta&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Chargers&rider=Jacob Clouting&league=C&sort=date&comp=CMA&club=Oxford Chargers

(Ignoring abandoned match- 38 rides including the tape exclusion at Belle Vue.)

If I'm wrong, and it looks as if I am (unless someone made a mistake) I cannot understand why they count tape exclusions for averages, normally a teams averages are based on 30 races per match, but with tape exclusions could be based on 31 or more.

If I was a reserve being replaced, I would ask to be allowed to touch the tapes every time to lower my average, which is why I couldn't fathom that they do count, as 1) one doesn't every rider do that, 2) think how long the matches would go on, 3) would the BSPL cotton on to what's going on & change the ruling?

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If I'm wrong, and it looks as if I am (unless someone made a mistake) I cannot understand why they count tape exclusions for averages, normally a teams averages are based on 30 races per match, but with tape exclusions could be based on 31 or more.

If I was a reserve being replaced, I would ask to be allowed to touch the tapes every time to lower my average, which is why I couldn't fathom that they do count, as 1) one doesn't every rider do that, 2) think how long the matches would go on, 3) would the BSPL cotton on to what's going on & change the ruling?

The "if I was a reserve being replaced" bits got me confused.

As in removed from the squad then yes, if you went through the tapes in your 3 rides you'd get 3 X 0's and the opposite reserve would get 7 rides.

The other point would be youve driven X amount of hundred miles to get to a meeting and left with no money.

The problem the Crayon munching Brigade have got is if they didn't count the tape exclusions their X4 equation would be even less effect.

Last night's meeting (keeping it Glasgow related) Richie Lawson scored 8 and Ben Cook got 6. One had an engine failure and the other went through the tapes.

Had Richie's engine failure not counted he would've got a 10.6 to add to his CMA pot last night. 8/3(x4)

Ben cooks Tapes would've kept him on a 6 average whereas with this wonder maths his average was 4.8. 6/5 (X4)

Just read the after match report and looks like Lee blew his engine in heat 1. If this is the new engine that he had against Berwick home/away and Plymouth, which have netted him his biggest points hauls this season, then I hope to goodness another similar engine is found soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Just read the after match report and looks like Lee blew his engine in heat 1. If this is the new engine that he had against Berwick home/away and Plymouth, which have netted him his biggest points hauls this season, then I hope to goodness another similar engine is found soon.

Perhaps TigersPlus could start a GoFundMe fund raiser for Lee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I believe by what was said on another thread that it was indeed his new engine that let go in his first race, and obviously his 2rd bike wasn't up to much as he then failed to score a point all meeting.

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

The "if I was a reserve being replaced" bits got me confused.

As in removed from the squad then yes, if you went through the tapes in your 3 rides you'd get 3 X 0's and the opposite reserve would get 7 rides.

The other point would be youve driven X amount of hundred miles to get to a meeting and left with no money.

The problem the Crayon munching Brigade have got is if they didn't count the tape exclusions their X4 equation would be even less effect.

Last night's meeting (keeping it Glasgow related) Richie Lawson scored 8 and Ben Cook got 6. One had an engine failure and the other went through the tapes.

Had Richie's engine failure not counted he would've got a 10.6 to add to his CMA pot last night. 8/3(x4)

Ben cooks Tapes would've kept him on a 6 average whereas with this wonder maths his average was 4.8. 6/5 (X4)

I was meaning every time a reserve gets replaced, take a tapes exclusion to save your average, not suggesting touch the tapes in every heat to allow a stronger reserve in, you couldn't have a rider taking 0 rides anyway as he has to have 3 rides, so could only be replaced in one of these heats.

I had always thought tapes exclusions don't count as a ride for averages (if replaced) as that means, 5 riders gained a ride in that heat for their stats, but only 4 rode (obviously).

I'm not sure how the Lawson / Cook situation affects things, as they both weren't replaced, so counts as a ride, whichever way the averages were worked out.

57 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

For 'authorities' read other promoters, maybe even those facing Glasgow in the days following.

Obviously a cracking signing for Glasgow which strengthens them a hell of a lot.

Genuinely no idea how he fits average wise and it’s certainly not a like for like swap with a team already over the limit on current averages, but it’s speedway so shouldn’t be surprised.

Should make the play offs closer for the 3 teams with the financial clout to compete against each other.

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just as Tarasenko has got a grip of English... he's introduced to Scottish! And Glaswegian at that :D

Great signing though :t:

Poole will probably get Wojjy now :D

If it has to be like for like average wise for a change, could he replace Hume at Redcar? 

Not that he needs replacing but would make the play off's very interesting and I imagine he would fly around there

Edited by DJC

13 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Obviously a cracking signing for Glasgow which strengthens them a hell of a lot.

Genuinely no idea how he fits average wise and it’s certainly not a like for like swap with a team already over the limit on current averages, but it’s speedway so shouldn’t be surprised.

Should make the play offs closer for the 3 teams with the financial clout to compete against each other.

Tarasenko would be on the same five point assessed average as Wojdylo. 

But it will probably be blocked.