British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

19 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Riders new to Championship League racing are categorised as follows: -

a) a rider riding in Danish, Swedish or Polish Leagues in a previous or current season will enter on a 5.00 MA

b) a rider who has never ridden in a Danish, Swedish or Polish league will enter on a 4.00 MA

But the signing doesn’t break that rule?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I wonder who ? A team with a history of manipulation is my guess

Yep no doubt......

Lets focus on our plastic trophy on our guff track and do all we can to try not facing a team that is not at full capacity.......well done, NOT.

Show some balls and face a team fair and square as per the rule book and cut the nonsense out..........or are you that scared!!!???

Plastic trophy, plastic champions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely the problem is signing a new rider, redeclaring and then wanting a full 'facility' to cover his absence before he's ridden for the club, rather than the 75% guest facility?

These away meetings mean absolutely 0 to the outcome of the league standings. The longer they can drag this out the greater the chance we won't get a replacement in before the 28th and be stuck with RR for the playoffs, meaning Claus, Ace and Lee taking the RR rides. 

How can a Governing body have the promoters of rival clubs making decisions on who can and can't sign for an opposition team.

The PDA came out of the madness of the BDO and look where both parties are now. So maybe it's time to say thank you goodbye.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

Yep no doubt......

Lets focus on our plastic trophy on our guff track and do all we can to try not facing a team that is not at full capacity.......well done, NOT.

Show some balls and face a team fair and square as per the rule book and cut the nonsense out..........or are you that scared!!!???

Plastic trophy, plastic champions.

If it's who I think your on about, if I remember rightly,and with a full team 62-28 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

All it proves is the rulebook is a complete mess, everything should be foreseen if they want integrity in the sport. It's how ridiculous occurrences happen and how people can bend the rules to suit their own agenda. 

How long have we been saying this for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

These away meetings mean absolutely 0 to the outcome of the league standings. The longer they can drag this out the greater the chance we won't get a replacement in before the 28th and be stuck with RR for the playoffs, meaning Claus, Ace and Lee taking the RR rides. 

How can a Governing body have the promoters of rival clubs making decisions on who can and can't sign for an opposition team.

The PDA came out of the madness of the BDO and look where both parties are now. So maybe it's time to say thank you goodbye.

Assuming woblyjo is available for Fridays meeting at Scunny then I'm sure the announcement and redeclaration will be made! Unless the delay is  nothing to do with who you are suggesting and then it'll be interesting!!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Assuming woblyjo is available for Fridays meeting at Scunny then I'm sure the announcement and redeclaration will be made! Unless the delay is  nothing to do with who you are suggesting and then it'll be interesting!!

Nobody really knows what’s happening,I think that’s the bottom line IMO.

• Thanks 1

One person has pointed out that because he’s got an assessed average of 5 in the Premiership, that would be converted to 7.5 for the Championship.

If that’s the case, he wouldn’t fit - but have there been occasions where that’s not been followed? I don’t have the rulebook, so I don’t know if that applies mid-season or is between seasons.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

One person has pointed out that because he’s got an assessed average of 5 in the Premiership, that would be converted to 7.5 for the Championship.

If that’s the case, he wouldn’t fit - but have there been occasions where that’s not been followed? I don’t have the rulebook, so I don’t know if that applies mid-season or is between seasons.

The poster was saying that the conversion rate of 1.5 should be applied but that is not the case with assessed riders.

• Like 2