British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

9 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

It’s not so much a new rule, but certainly a clarified one this year. 28th August the last day register signings for matches effective on the 31st. 

The ONLY exception is riders returning from injury, so for example Jack Holder can come back for Sheffield in September in place of a rider. 

Unlike last years Lambert situation, this year if your number 1, or any other rider is out through injury you can only use guests or RR. There is no long term injury replacement option.

Guests must be registered with a British team before the 28th, so out of work riders from the continent and not currently racing here can’t come in as a guest. 

Lambert last year could hardly be called " long term " replacement.

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Lambert last year could hardly be called " long term " replacement.

He wasn’t. He was a “long term injury” replacement to cover for Max Fricke’s “long term injury”.

A dubious move in many people’s opinion which is why it’s been stopped for this year. 

• Like 1

The BSPL have obviously blocked signings after the end of August to save face having been proved wrong by a lawyer last year. Quite why you would want more guests when they are one of the worst things about British Speedway is beyond me. St the very least they need to be restricted to riders from the bottom three sides in each league only.

It seems Nowak not riding for Glasgow anymore is a joint decision between him and his Polish team, due to his poor scores in the last couple of weeks, i was under the impression that there was a new agreement and this wouldnt happen anymore but it seems Polish teams still have the power to stop one of their riders riding here and I assume his Polish team recompense him for lost earnings.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

It seems Nowak not riding for Glasgow anymore is a joint decision between him and his Polish team, due to his poor scores in the last couple of weeks, i was under the impression that there was a new agreement and this wouldnt happen anymore but it seems Polish teams still have the power to stop one of their riders riding here and I assume his Polish team recompense him for lost earnings.

He has two bad meetings scores 3 and 4 I think and they immediately got their feathers ruffled at Rzeseow. Their in the top spot for the playoffs and Marcin is their number 1. The financial benefit from going one league up is supposedly incredible so they want every tool at their disposal to give it there best shot. Marcin has been quoted the reason he was here was to improve his riding skills which he has most definitely done, but it's crap that we lose him at what is the pinnacle point of our season too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think anything joint about it..he wouldn't want to lay blame all on them and get in their bad books given his sole income provider. He scored a max on Friday night so can't say not made a difference. I mean at least we got 4 months out him unlike Peterborough who got 2 bends out of Nikki P before his polish club pulled the plug. 

His alleged replacement I notice rides for rybnik in the league above Marcin but have to assume not in play off contention giving him permission to ride on both UK leagues

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I don't think anything joint about it..he wouldn't want to lay blame all on them and get in their bad books given his sole income provider. He scored a max on Friday night so can't say not made a difference. I mean at least we got 4 months out him unlike Peterborough who got 2 bends out of Nikki P before his polish club pulled the plug. 

His alleged replacement I notice rides for rybnik in the league above Marcin but have to assume not in play off contention giving him permission to ride on both UK leagues

He has had mixed meetings for Peterborough but what I have seen of him on tv, looks a good prospect and would enjoy the Glasgow track. He would seem to be a better rider than Nowak as he rides in a higher division but time will tell.

Was there a reason Glasgow didnt go for Tarasenko?

Edited by foreverblue

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He has had mixed meetings for Peterborough but what I have seen of him on tv, looks a good prospect and would enjoy the Glasgow track. He would seem to be a better rider than Nowak as he rides in a higher division but time will tell.

Was there a reason Glasgow didnt go for Tarasenko?

Tarasenko I think rides on extra liga? Doubt be up for allowing ride in champ