British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

39 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah the inclusion of GP riders would be problematic.  I know it was tried before but perhaps a banding rather average than system could be introduced thus if a team has a band A (GP standard rider) the balance would be in having to have three lowest band riders (NDL standard).

As always there are just so many possibile combinations to try to balance the teams out.

Banding is far too blunt a tool, with riders with the highest average in each band being the most sought after. Don't think GP riders would be involved in the one "big" league, just riders who would only ride in Britain. Unless the league has the same fixed race nights as the Premiership. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Banding is far too blunt a tool, with riders with the highest average in each band being the most sought after. Don't think GP riders would be involved in the one "big" league, just riders who would only ride in Britain. Unless the league has the same fixed race nights as the Premiership. 

Personally I wouldn't be bothered by the absence of GP riders. IMO the GPs killed British Speedway (ask Eastbourne or Arena fans) and two out of the three British GP riders elect not to ride over here.

I'm sure many fans would welcome going back to their original race night but then that may prove problematic with the availability of foreign riders.

• Like 1

Complin will be away by the end of the month before his average drops. Won’t be Ashton who’ll be replacing him be crazy of Glasgow to run with two, 2 pointers.

Young  Aussie, TZ .Is fit and in Europe rode in polish u24 league last 2 weeks with scores of paid 10 and paid 8. He would be the one to come in if anyone.

Edited by Mr Blobby

If AB signing for Glasgow then it's obviously with a view to next season. Probably means Bomber staying too as I'm sure he is mentoring AB.

You'd be foolish to drop Ace Pijper next year as with this season under his belt he could put a few points on his average (whichever one counts at the time )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

"Splashing the cash" in a 16 year old debutante?? Must be looking for at least £500 a point, £30 a mile and 40k signing on fee.

Couple of years ago Glasgow allegedly offered a young rider a new van 2 bikes and flights South to North  £££s

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet the texter on Speedway Updates reckons at heat 9 'the track is so slick there won't be any passing'!

And just had 2 cracking races after it. The tracks a road, worst it's been all season but had to be given the weather we've had and the forecast. Still had 5/6 very good races.

In future watch the racing or maybe get it on Bsn first, embarrassing yourself again 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet the texter on Speedway Updates reckons at heat 9 'the track is so slick there won't be any passing'!

He was referring to heat 9 and quite frankly when Connor's in front at Ashfield few people pass him. I take it the updater spotted the passing in the subsequent heats?

25 minutes ago, Neila said:

Splashing the cast on young riders, but he turned them down !!

Did he txt you too tell you this.

You seem to know more about Glasgow than Gerry Facenna.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

He didn't get rid! Everyone agreed that Connor's career would advance quicker if he moved to another track. He'll be back.

I mean screaming at the laddie he’ll no be back next year half way through the meeting at poole in the play off final. Think you’ll find that’s maybe why.

• Haha 2