British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

16 hours ago, Gazc said:

She is now a global embarrassment, making the headlines in countries that don’t even know we’re Scotland is.

She will be telling us soon she can’t recall how a £100k camper van ended up on the driveway.

I am sure that the people who donated large sums off there hard earned that disappeared will be looking for a time-share to use for a jolly two weeks a year..

A good accountant could probably ruin her once and for all come to think of it we could utilise your skills for this.

My bosses received one of those well publicised emails from them a few weeks back, asking if our firm could do the SNP audit. We politely declined :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

My bosses received one of those well publicised emails from them a few weeks back, asking if our firm could do the SNP audit. We politely declined :)

At least you we’re polite. I would have rhymed off the full list off there failings and then declined.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Tigers up against Poole at the weekend in bsn final & just in case anyone at glasgow isn't paying attention our reserves are not good enough to win anything this year its as simple as that , whoever stupid idea it was to get a complete novice 16yr old & an aging 40yr old out for a decade needs locking up , ace on a 2 is a project I get it but lee doesn't look the part at all he's had time & I don't see it at all looks heavy on bike slow lacking power & not competitive enough we need a good reserve because ace isn't expected to be that man I feel for Lee he's well liked but if tigers want to win anything then they need to look at his position sadly lee has a new baby maybe it's time to say enough he's tried national league is his level & he got 4 points in that other week say no more 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 12:45 AM, Cabbageman said:

Tigers up against Poole at the weekend in bsn final & just in case anyone at glasgow isn't paying attention our reserves are not good enough to win anything this year its as simple as that , whoever stupid idea it was to get a complete novice 16yr old & an aging 40yr old out for a decade needs locking up , ace on a 2 is a project I get it but lee doesn't look the part at all he's had time & I don't see it at all looks heavy on bike slow lacking power & not competitive enough we need a good reserve because ace isn't expected to be that man I feel for Lee he's well liked but if tigers want to win anything then they need to look at his position sadly lee has a new baby maybe it's time to say enough he's tried national league is his level & he got 4 points in that other week say no more 

Who’s better, available, and has a lower average?

While I don’t necessarily disagree with what you’re saying, I’m not sure there’s anybody out there with a similar average to Lee who’d do any better. 

whoever stupid idea it was to get a complete novice 16yr old & an aging 40yr old out for a decade needs locking up ,

Try building a 40 point team with 2 X 8.6+ riders and not take a 2 point. Reserve.

As soon as Basso was brought in you had to go weaker at reserve. It was either weaker in the main body of the team, or weaker at reserve.

Look at every other team in the league and the majority are carrying a two pointer.

The only reason Poole look stronger is they have Zach and Ben on  ridiculously low averages. If it stays 40 points next year one or both won't be there.

On the Lee front, yes he's struggling massively but please point out another 4 point rider that could go in his place?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Try building a 40 point team with 2 X 8.6+ riders and not take a 2 point. Reserve.

As soon as Basso was brought in you had to go weaker at reserve. It was either weaker in the main body of the team, or weaker at reserve.

Look at every other team in the league and the majority are carrying a two pointer.

The only reason Poole look stronger is they have Zach and Ben on  ridiculously low averages. If it stays 40 points next year one or both won't be there.

On the Lee front, yes he's struggling massively but please point out another 4 point rider that could go in his place?

Seeing as you brought it up...

Could always base the team around them next season. Depends what averages they finish up I suppose. Be interesting to see what their July averages are. 

Redcar are their second choice btw ;)

Anyway back to the Glasgow team changes! ;)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Seeing as you brought it up...

Could always base the team around them next season. Depends what averages they finish up I suppose. Be interesting to see what their July averages are

Redcar are their second choice btw ;)

Why would we want them as 6 and 7 pointers ? 

Cause Poole certainly won't

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

No need to make any change until the 27th August when the Chicken bones and dice come out.

Have a punt at a 4 pointer or NDL wizz and see how we go.

If not back to the drawing board for 24.

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

No need to make any change until the 27th August when the Chicken bones and dice come out.

Have a punt at a 4 pointer or NDL wizz and see how we go.

If not back to the drawing board for 24.

Can run the rule over Ashton boughen at the u21 final. Believe he turns 16 in late August. Given we didn't go for hook or Pearson I think the 1-7 will stay same. 

Playing devils advocate here and asking a serious question?

What's to stop a Team NOT making the Play Offs releasing a reserve / low average rider prior to final Match they have in the League?

Would that enable a Play Off Team to pick up the released rider prior to the Play Offs provided it was before transfer cut off date and the averages fitted. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Can run the rule over Ashton boughen at the u21 final. Believe he turns 16 in late August. Given we didn't go for hook or Pearson I think the 1-7 will stay same. 

I've seen Ashton a couple of times this season. He and Max Perry (I think) will be the couple of 15/16 year old riders who will get picked up once they can race in the Championship. They will be a steel on their averages. 

Edited by SJA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I think that sums speedway up i.e if the points limit stays at 40 they could lose both Cooks next year. Madness if you think about it. Maybe time to scrap points limit. Let teams sign whoever they want because this system definitely doesn't work 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bruno said:

I think that sums speedway up i.e if the points limit stays at 40 they could lose both Cooks next year. Madness if you think about it. Maybe time to scrap points limit. Let teams sign whoever they want because this system definitely doesn't work 

How about you grade riders instead. A-D A are 8.01 and above, B are 6.51-8.00 C are 4.51-6.5 and D are 4.5 and below. You then make up a team with 1A, 2B;s, 2C's and a D. 

40 minutes ago, poole keith said:

HG are you thinking "brown envelope " ??

Maybe!

Basically what's to stop one of the Play Off Teams who may perceive they aren't as strongs as another perming the best 2 available reserves from the Clubs not in the Play Offs IF any of their reserves would strengthen them. 

14 minutes ago, SJA said:

How about you grade riders instead. A-D A are 8.01 and above, B are 6.51-8.00 C are 4.51-6.5 and D are 4.5 and below. You then make up a team with 1A, 2B;s, 2C's and a D. 

Too inflexible. If there are 8 A grade riders available one team looses out (probably the one with least financial clout) and they can't compensate by having strength in depth because you still require two C's and a D.

If there are 10 A grade riders one misses out completely.

48 minutes ago, bruno said:

Yeah, then have two teams each with seven heat leaders in them, leaving the "crap" for every one else.  Not good for the crowds, I would suggest when said HL teams face the other team who's number one has a 5pt average! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Too inflexible. If there are 8 A grade riders available one team looses out (probably the one with least financial clout) and they can't compensate by having strength in depth because you still require two C's and a D.

If there are 10 A grade riders one misses out completely.

Also no incentive to be a grade A rider as could be less employable. Grading system would be riddled with riders manipulating averages to be just under each grade limit imo

Edited by Jaizer