British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

15 hours ago, Jaizer said:

In my mind a mentor is someone you look up to from a young age and aim to emulate. As mentioned before, that's not Richard Juul. I doubt he'd ever met the guy prior to signing in UK. Does Mitch Davey mentor cookie? I highly doubt it!!

Mentor, an experienced and trusted adviser.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, cinderfella said:

With respect to Juul, Ben is already a better rider than Richard ever was.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ex riders with lots of experience available to advise and guide Ben.

I'm sure he is getting plenty good advice being part of the Danish National Development Squad

Well you obviously don't understand logistics my freind IE as I've seen with my own eyes in dickies workshop how he cleans & preps the bikes for the rider or riders he's looking after & that's giving them somewhere to stay over in our country.. & by the way when he & young basso fell out there was a number of phone calls from abroad asking for his ( dickies) help which he has now agreed to.. so obviously somebody who rides in Poland/ Sweden/ Germany/Denmark & great Britain know how valuable our former diamond Danish Geordie is 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Well you obviously don't understand logistics my freind IE as I've seen with my own eyes in dickies workshop how he cleans & preps the bikes for the rider or riders he's looking after & that's giving them somewhere to stay over in our country.. & by the way when he & young basso fell out there was a number of phone calls from abroad asking for his ( dickies) help which he has now agreed to.. so obviously somebody who rides in Poland/ Sweden/ Germany/Denmark & great Britain now how valuable our former diamond Danish Geordie is 

having someone stay at your house, and cleaning their bikes and spannering for them isn’t being a mentor, it’s being a landlord and a mechanic?

On 6/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Boothers said:

Please tell us what brings you to this unsolicited opinion?

I'm sure if you scour the forums for hours you might find the odd quote here and there, but ask the fans and you'll find we're quite happy with what we've got (and hopefully more so at the end of the season).

So these keyboard warriors aren't Redcar fans? I'm sure it was the same with Glasgow fans wanting wholesale changes after Tuesday night - a vocal minority

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

With Pearson dropped by Birmingham, would he score more points than Complin?

At start of season I'd probably have taken him over Lee, but he's not improved like I expected based on his scores in polish U24s. I do prefer guys on the way up than those on way down but no sure would make any difference 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

If you’re going to replace Lee, it has to be a clear upgrade. For all his inconsistency, he has a great rapport with the fans. There would be a lot of unhappy people if he was sent away and the replacement wasn’t clearly scoring better.

Which would be difficult given the average they would have to play with .

• Like 1

If there was a stronger 4 pointer out there I'm sure Glasgow would already have snapped them up. 

The way the team was built this year all the pressure was going to be on Lee to compensate for an up and coming 16 year old at 7. 

The reality is our 7 is scoring above and beyond his average our 6 is struggling is to meet his.

Unless there's a hidden Aussie superstar that hasn't raced in Poland or Denmark before,  waiting back south of the equator for his chance to shine then I feel it may be a limp end to the season when the stronger reserve pairings come calling.

7 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

If there was a stronger 4 pointer out there I'm sure Glasgow would already have snapped them up. 

The way the team was built this year all the pressure was going to be on Lee to compensate for an up and coming 16 year old at 7. 

The reality is our 7 is scoring above and beyond his average our 6 is struggling is to meet his.

Unless there's a hidden Aussie superstar that hasn't raced in Poland or Denmark before,  waiting back south of the equator for his chance to shine then I feel it may be a limp end to the season when the stronger reserve pairings come calling.

Would agree I think the management were expecting more from “lightweight “Lee

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Would agree I think the management were expecting more from “lightweight “Lee

What I find strange is Lee really struggling on grippy tracks at home to Redcar and Edinburgh. He revelled in that in his spell with the bandits

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What I find strange is Lee really struggling on grippy tracks at home to Redcar and Edinburgh. He revelled in that in his spell with the bandits

He was 10 years younger and fitter 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaizer said:

He struggles to hold the inside coming off the bends at Ashfield whether slick or deep, often gifting the rider behind a pass having done the hard bit of getting in front of them in the first place. Those single points are what could make or break us in the play offs.

• Like 2

I'm not being funny.... But you're winning matches still and moaning about a "struggling" reserve.... Come back when it's you're heat leaders that aren't scoring points :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2