British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I wouldn’t put money on it

The BSPA are more secretive about rider averages than a witness protection program are about their witnesses. Every year i go looking for the riders averages to see what kind of 1-7 each club could build and i'm always struggling to find the 'official' stats for the coming season.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, Nickinho said:

The BSPA are more secretive about rider averages than a witness protection program are about their witnesses. Every year i go looking for the riders averages to see what kind of 1-7 each club could build and i'm always struggling to find the 'official' stats for the coming season.

As long as the clubs have the correct ones and promoters aren't arithmetically challenged eh?:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

They normally confirm final averages at the BSPA AGM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I wouldn’t put money on it

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Go to http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/searchriders.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=x&mc4=x&league=B&er=0     Don't forget British reduction to apply.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Star this week has an article suggesting a different way of calculating team building averages. This is because the 10 meeting rolling average is not currently based on the last 5 home and 5 away meetings for each rider.

10 meetings is no good. Wolves dropped their team average by 3.40 in a month

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gazc said:

Think we should sign the Cook brothers and bring Lawson back.

For no other reason than the meltdown it would have on here.

Just do it Glasgow sit back and get the popcorn in.

I would imagine they have been tapped up, just like the end of last season 

9 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I wonder what team Glasgow will put our next season. With Leicester going and Poole making it look easy Glasgow can't afford to get it wrong . 

To stay in guessing Basso, Brennan, Hume, Bailey? 

What's the polish rules in extraliga now? Not sure he'll be able to fit champ in with Poland, Denmark and presumably prem. Think I read riders allowed 2 other leagues? Sure someone could correct me.

Connor could do with a year away imo. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him back but for own development be good for him.

I think vissing, Starkey, maybe Sam Jensen be in the frame. Wonder if we'd go for brother Steve or king to replace cookie if either gets released. Cookie another one needs change of scenery, probably back to Edinburgh? What would rasser be on?

Edited by Jaizer

17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I wonder what team Glasgow will put our next season. With Leicester going and Poole making it look easy Glasgow can't afford to get it wrong . 

To stay in guessing Basso, Brennan, Hume, Bailey? 

The Poole DJ is desperate to have Brennan at Poole! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's the polish rules in extraliga now? Not sure he'll be able to fit champ in with Poland, Denmark and presumably prem. Think I read riders allowed 2 other leagues? Sure someone could correct me.

Connor could do with a year away imo. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him back but for own development be good for him.

I think vissing, Starkey, maybe Sam Jensen be in the frame. Wonder if we'd go for brother Steve or king to replace cookie if either gets released. Cookie another one needs change of scenery, probably back to Edinburgh? What would rasser be on?

Don’t really think Starke would add anything to what he has already achieved,not going to improve .