British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

4 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Plus it was the start of the Glasgow Fair holiday. I was actually dubious about making the 50 mile round trip due to the predicted weather forecast. I wonder how many more were put off by that?  Turned out there was no rain whatsoever at the stadium. 

I think it's a problem these days tho. The threat of 'not good weather',,, it seems to be allover the place atm and in your face, possibly due to the climate crisis thing going on. 'Expect the worst or, stay in the hoos'? ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Finishing out the top 3 is surely a very realistic probability, if you were in the driving seat where would you make the 1 change that could make a worthwhile difference?

You'll need to make 2/3? The obvious is a 4 pointer for Lee. Or Tate in for Novak. But really is it going to make that much difference? 

Your team average is too high ironically! 

7 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Finishing out the top 3 is surely a very realistic probability, if you were in the driving seat where would you make the 1 change that could make a worthwhile difference?

If you can source the 4 point reserve going to score 6/7 points home and away you're a better man than me. As like for like as all we can do 

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

If we're thinking about shaking things up - and I think it's now too late - we need to change the structure of the team to have a stronger number six. This would require two changes. Brennan and Complin out - but no idea who to bring in - so dont think this is a goer at all.

We need to stick with what we have, or make changes with next year in mind. We still have nine league meetings left, enough for a new rider to get a "proper" average for next year. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You'll need to make 2/3? The obvious is a 4 pointer for Lee. Or Tate in for Novak. But really is it going to make that much difference? 

Your team average is too high ironically! 

What about the homeless Aussie in the star or take a gamble on a 2 pointer, we seem to have missed the boat, when hook was available or James Pearson.

5 minutes ago, Beirao said:

If we're thinking about shaking things up - and I think it's now too late - we need to change the structure of the team to have a stronger number six. This would require two changes. Brennan and Complin out - but no idea who to bring in - so dont think this is a goer at all.

We need to stick with what we have, or make changes with next year in mind. We still have nine league meetings left, enough for a new rider to get a "proper" average for next year. 

They would never get rid of Tom imo. But seeing as you brought it up as an option, the two that come to mind are Rew or Blodorn - though haven't checked on averages. 

Should have got Batch when you had the chance :D (no idea he good or bad he is at Glasgow btw!) 

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

2nd best to the likes of Morley, Complin and Boxall on IOW so not exactly a big step forward. If entertainment is what you are after Michael West is the rider you want......unless of course its entertainment on track you are after...

Aye he’s not the answer either, I was just saying to Lisa that’s who the homeless Aussie is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Be surprised if complin lasts into August. Be an Aussie of some description to replace probably.

He really should have ridden his last meeting tonight.

Lee Dicken springs to mind watching Lee nice bloke but not cutting the mustard.

It is leaving us badly exposed at reserve and has done for a while.

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He really should have ridden his last meeting tonight.

Lee Dicken springs to mind watching Lee nice bloke but not cutting the mustard.

It is leaving us badly exposed at reserve and has done for a while.

It’s sad to see. Every speedway fan up and down the country loved it when Lee came to their track back in the day. He’s probably trying harder than ever nowadays but it’s just not there anymore. 

We’ve came up against the top 3 teams this season and have been pumped every time. It’s going to be the same outcome again unless there are changes. 

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

This year 2nd is the same as 6th, so finishing "outside of the top 3" doesn't really mean anything, unless you are 7th - 9th (which Glasgow won't be).

I honestly don't know if there's a 4.00 rider out there who will score more than Complin, I think I'd stick & back the lads to come good.

Don't forget losing away to the top teams won't cost them the league - unless it's big defeats in the play-offs.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

This year 2nd is the same as 6th, so finishing "outside of the top 3" doesn't really mean anything, unless you are 7th - 9th (which Glasgow won't be).

I honestly don't know if there's a 4.00 rider out there who will score more than Complin, I think I'd stick & back the lads to come good.

Don't forget losing away to the top teams won't cost them the league - unless it's big defeats in the play-offs.

It's who he's beating that's of major concern. He scores in his first heat and maybe 14 (at home) with the exception of Birmingham and Edinburgh he can't beat anything over two points. Last night was the exact same as Redcar away, if Claus and Tom have a difficult evening we lose and lose badly. 

I also completely understand that if you don't finish top it doesn't matter where you finish in the top 6 with regards to playoffs but it's the way we will lose that's of disappointment. 

4 pointer wise, it really doesn't matter who they find, but I'd give someone a go and I'd do it soon to allow who evers coming in a chance to get dialled in to ashfield  Before the playoffs period is upon us.

9 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

What about the homeless Aussie in the star or take a gamble on a 2 pointer, we seem to have missed the boat, when hook was available or James Pearson.

Is Pearson not at Plymouth now?

Now regarding Complin here's a wee thought?

He is doubling down with Mildenhall and has been taking a fair number of NDL guest bookings.

At his age is this extra physical activity and travel stress affecting his performances for Glasgow and although I appreciate it is part of Lee's income, would Glasgow be within their rights to say one team only or is their employment laws to prevent such a thing?