British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I mean screaming at the laddie he’ll no be back next year half way through the meeting at poole in the play off final. Think you’ll find that’s maybe why.

You really are a :icon_smile_clown: , you're last sentence says nothing other than s--- stir. Why not have courage and say 'you categorically know that's why Connor left'. The simple reason is you don't know; you assume, you surmise, you throw out a soundbite and see if anyone is stupid enough to believe you. Basically, you think everyone is a sad as you. The Edinburgh promotion must be desperate for fans if they allow you into their stadium as you are a total embarassment.

• Haha 1

Glasgow like Redcar again showing that if you develop a proper race track with suitable banking and a racing shape that the sport can still deliver great entertainment. 

Those tracks should be the template for any new ones if at all possible. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You really are a :icon_smile_clown: , you're last sentence says nothing other than s--- stir. Why not have courage and say 'you categorically know that's why Connor left'. The simple reason is you don't know; you assume, you surmise, you throw out a soundbite and see if anyone is stupid enough to believe you. Basically, you think everyone is a sad as you. The Edinburgh promotion must be desperate for fans if they allow you into their stadium as you are a total embarassment.

Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

This is scary, I agree with you! Yes well done Connor Bailey. The Final race was unbelievable.

Track was brilliant IMO.Conner was superb in that final.He certainly can ride Ashfield.Don’t know the circumstances but I think it was a mistake for Tigers to let him go on loan.Benefits him though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Aw bless. Cheer up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whatever the ins and outs of it I think most Glasgow fans would tell you Connor needed a season away to improve, was in his comfort zone I'd say. He also improves when he's busy, having only one team last season was a problem. With 3 teams and improving can see the difference in him the 3 times he's been back this season. I doubt he'd have won that last season. Gladly have him back in the stripes 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Track was brilliant IMO.Conner was superb in that final.He certainly can ride Ashfield.Don’t know the circumstances but I think it was a mistake for Tigers to let him go on loan.Benefits him though.

The important point is that he is own loan. I rate Connor very very highly and feel he could advance greatly in the sport, his style is superb, he has a good family behind him, lots of sponsors and he certainly appears to be a decent lad. However, in the short-term, Glasgow had the choice to select Connor with a 4.32 average instead of Vissing or Nowak who both started with 5.00 averages. Connor has had some really good meetings BUT his GS average so far this year has only increased to 4.63. Nowak has increased to 5.94 and Vissing to 5.69 and in Vissing's case his real average for 2023 is closer to 7. And as we all know averages rule the sport and if a rider gets injured they become even more important.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Complin will be away by the end of the month before his average drops. Won’t be Ashton who’ll be replacing him be crazy of Glasgow to run with two, 2 pointers.

Young  Aussie, TZ .Is fit and in Europe rode in polish u24 league last 2 weeks with scores of paid 10 and paid 8. He would be the one to come in if anyone.

Don’t think Lees ave will drop  below his asset 4 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, tyretrax said:

I think that they're all trolls lead by Karen. A prediction she'll be on soon, unless of course I'm a liar  and she won't. :rolleyes:

I guess you're a liar then as it been 24 hours and that a long time for me :D

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

More passing on first 2 laps of u21 final than Poole fans have seen all season...

Getting obsessed now...:rolleyes::blink:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet the texter on Speedway Updates reckons at heat 9 'the track is so slick there won't be any passing'!

There is no texter lol

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

He was referring to heat 9 and quite frankly when Connor's in front at Ashfield few people pass him. I take it the updater spotted the passing in the subsequent heats?

Still no texter haha

Just the updater as they watching it through BSN. You lot will have to take any of your issues up with Fozzie. 

• Haha 1

Thought the attendance was pretty dismal today. Just down to the weather this week and forecast rain, it being on bsn or a general apathy towards that type of event? 

Didn't see much in way of away support, noisy Plymouth contingent apart. 

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Thought the attendance was pretty dismal today. Just down to the weather this week and forecast rain, it being on bsn or a general apathy towards that type of event? 

All three and peak holiday time, being the Fair weekend. Better than the Brit Junior turn out but still not great. Twenty two heats and few home based riders so substantial travelling expenses. Can't see how this meeting can have broken even. 

Edited by Beirao
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I suppose they channelled the noise from their three meetings into the one that went ahead.

Great bunch of supporters

13 minutes ago, Beirao said:

All three and peak holiday time, being the Fair weekend. Better than the Brit Junior turn out but still not great. Twenty two heats and few home based riders so substantial travelling expenses. Can't see how this meeting can have broken even. 

But is that not BSPA/SCB's problem or as volunteer host are Glasgow expected to pick up the slack?

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Whatever the ins and outs of it I think most Glasgow fans would tell you Connor needed a season away to improve, was in his comfort zone I'd say. He also improves when he's busy, having only one team last season was a problem. With 3 teams and improving can see the difference in him the 3 times he's been back this season. I doubt he'd have won that last season. Gladly have him back in the stripes 

Not sure the promotion had a grand plan for him as he was intially without a track. Isn't Redcar fairly similar to Ashfield, round and banked? Might have been better to go to a different type of track had it been possible. 

• Like 1