British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

30 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I would hope for more, but it shows he wasn't the weakest link.

I don’t think Tom likes the Poole track as I have never seen him have a good meeting there , Marcin was a man down and words can’t describe how poor Lee was.

Trying to find positives but there are none maybe the only one is we probably can’t be as poor again.

Or maybe we can.

Another point on last night the great team spirit they all keep harping on about , there was no sign of that last night from what I saw.

They looked dis-jointed and dis-interested the team just doesn’t feel right too me why that is I have no idea.

Edited by Gazc

25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I don’t think Tom likes the Poole track as I have never seen him have a good meeting there , Marcin was a man down and words can’t describe how poor Lee was.

Trying to find positives but there are none maybe the only one is we probably can’t be as poor again.

Or maybe we can.

Another point on last night the great team spirit they all keep harping on about , there was no sign of that last night from what I saw.

They looked dis-jointed and dis-interested the team just doesn’t feel right too me why that is I have no idea.

Even Harris wasn’t great no lack of effort but his racing schedule is ridiculous most season.Money is king with him.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Even Harris wasn’t great no lack of effort but his racing schedule is ridiculous most season.Money is king with him.

Harris seems to have had a dip in scoring for Leicester and away from Ashfield.

It probably is down to his schedule. He seems to be on a bike every day somewhere.

most of riders during the track walk were talking  about what would be best set up for the meeting marcin had a note of what he used there last time so he went with that but from ht1 ,you could see they were all struggling to get out the gate even chris was struggling for grip and marcin's bike was also just spinning too hard in his first race but he  made a few changes after talking to a few team mates for his 2nd ride ride was a little better but lacked speed    then he tried to flatten it off a bit for his 3rd but it ended up too flat and wouldn’t pull off the corner .we were going to try his other bike but never got his 4th ride but that’s speedway  ,i have never seen so many tool box’s and google’s  getting chucked about the pits in a meeting , the poole riders just seemed to have the perfect set up to get out the gate which you would expect riding it every week and then ride the right line so made it really hard to pass 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

most of riders during the track walk were talking  about what would be best set up for the meeting marcin had a note of what he used there last time so he went with that but from ht1 ,you could see they were all struggling to get out the gate even chris was struggling for grip and marcin's bike was also just spinning too hard in his first race but he  made a few changes after talking to a few team mates for his 2nd ride ride was a little better but lacked speed    then he tried to flatten it off a bit for his 3rd but it ended up too flat and wouldn’t pull off the corner .we were going to try his other bike but never got his 4th ride but that’s speedway  ,i have never seen so many tool box’s and google’s  getting chucked about the pits in a meeting , the poole riders just seemed to have the perfect set up to get out the gate which you would expect riding it every week and then ride the right line so made it really hard to pass 

IMO Poole for whatever reason is a very difficult track for away riders to get the set up right for, for years away riders have struggled to score points there in both leagues. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

IMO Poole for whatever reason is a very difficult track for away riders to get the set up right for, for years away riders have struggled to score points there in both leagues. 

Worrell or Lawson said on Wed they have a secret regarding starting  at Poole and I believe them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Worrell or Lawson said on Wed they have a secret regarding starting  at Poole and I believe them.

Watch some of the more experienced guys like them and they feather the throttle so that they don't spin and open it as they head towards the bend. 

So many of the younger riders or ones with no MX experience just hold it on the end stop revving the balls out of the engine and wonder why they spin. 

Amazing how little time in youth development is spent on gating  its all about sliding and turning. Riders develop bad starting habits they can't kick. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Redcar and Scunny didn't struggle. 

Not every team will every week, but as a general trend it has been the case for many years. The number of times Poole heat leaders and second strings have beaten top riders over the years will bear that out. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not every team will every week, but as a general trend it has been the case for many years. The number of times Poole heat leaders and second strings have beaten top riders over the years will bear that out. 

Let’s just face up to the facts, they know how to build a good Team.They do it most years.They might even be looking to next season already regarding the averages and keeping them in check.

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Let’s just face up to the facts, they know how to build a good Team.They do it most years.They might even be looking to next season already regarding the averages and keeping them in check.

And with only Championship meetings counting towards averages it is easier to do so. Also if you score bonus points, you get paid the same but your average can drop. For example, score 12 from 4 in every meeting you have a 12 point average. Score 8+ 4 from 4 in every meeting and you have an 8 point average and yet you haven't been beaten by an opposition rider. Interestingly, Steve Worrall  has ridden in 5 Championship meetings this year and 'only' scored 9 from 5; 7 from 4; 9 from 4, 8 from 5 and 6 from 5 yet whilst riding at No.1. Poole still managed to win 4 of these meetings.

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

And with only Championship meetings counting towards averages it is easier to do so. Also if you score bonus points, you get paid the same but your average can drop. For example, score 12 from 4 in every meeting you have a 12 point average. Score 8+ 4 from 4 in every meeting and you have an 8 point average and yet you haven't been beaten by an opposition rider. Interestingly, Steve Worrall  has ridden in 5 Championship meetings this year and 'only' scored 9 from 5; 7 from 4; 9 from 4, 8 from 5 and 6 from 5 yet whilst riding at No.1. Poole still managed to win 4 of these meetings.

They know what they are doing,last season was example.

• Like 1