British Speedway Forum

BSN

On 11/6/2022 at 9:25 AM, iainb said:

tbf the rain we had on the Monday & Tuesday after the track was "repaired" was pretty intense. Doesn't matter which way you cut it though, if BSPL forced Leicester to move to Lynn or the Bates took the decision to move it to Lynn... on a Friday night was a kick in the teeth for both sets of fans.

Leicester did NOTHING to mitigate the move for the home fans... no coaches organised, they could even have opened the club house up and put the stream on a big projector, sold a bit of food and some drinks... may even have made some money on it, nope... nothing!

While that seems a sensible idea, could cost the BSN lots of money from Leicester fans, so probably against any agreement they have with the clubs!

36 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While that seems a sensible idea, could cost the BSN lots of money from Leicester fans, so probably against any agreement they have with the clubs!

Leicester should have stood the cost as a gesture of goodwill and maybe made the money back in food and drinks

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If 100 Leicester fans had turned up at the clubhouse to watch the screening, the promotion might have been liable to £1195 to BSN. 

Not if it was on the dodgy stick or box.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you are saying a promotion would illegally stream from BSN? I don’t think so! Image if they did and word got out.

They do it from other companies and seeing it was a one off anything is possible especially with a vpn.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If 100 Leicester fans had turned up at the clubhouse to watch the screening, the promotion might have been liable to £1195 to BSN. 

Could have paid for it with what they saved on points money!

Edited by iainb

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Iain how could Leicester have had a big TV in the club house as you say, when there is no club house now? As it belongs to the bike riding training school. 

Wasn't aware of that... ok, the church hall at the bottom of my street then, just a mile from the stadium and they rent it out for about £50. They should have done something instead of selling the fans down the river!

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Wasn't aware of that... ok, the church hall at the bottom of my street then, just a mile from the stadium and they rent it out for about £50. They should have done something instead of selling the fans down the river!

Do you think it will effect the crowd next season iainb?

14 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Do you think it will effect the crowd next season iainb?

Fortunately we have 4 months to forget about it, time being a healer and all that. You would have hoped the promotion would have come up with a big marquee signing to entice fans along, showing that this time they mean business... as good as he is, I'm not sure Max Fricke is that signing.

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Now that we know the format for 2023, will there be prices and passes announcements before Christmas so I can get my list to Santa sorted.

As soon as we have finalised our agreements with the BSPL, we will release Season Passes for next year. We are working on this as quickly as we can and hope it will be done by the end of November. Thanks!

Ben Duffill (BSN)

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 12:46 PM, Cast1rn said:

Now that we know the format for 2023, will there be prices and passes announcements before Christmas so I can get my list to Santa sorted.

Get it on your list now it's available 

Edited by Bandit59
  • Thanks 1