British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2023

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is that at the start of the year or end?

He did a cracking job for us at the tail end of the season, taking some memorable scalps.

Start, I would definitely consider him in any lineup, number 1 fill in for Newcastle was always going to be a tough order.

Edited by Cast1rn

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

Ace Piper nowhere near ready for championship racing.

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned him for the Berwick team.

Wouldn't mind Jenkins for Berwick if you don't want him (showed great fight when guesting for Berwick which is all you can ask for).

Having watched Ace Piper during the Redcar Silver helmet meeting, I think he will hold his own at championship level, he was on the pace in all of his heats, beating some class heat leaders, or maybe he can ride the STeMP like all riders because it is the fairest track in speedway.

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Glad your not picking the team then as Jenkins did very well for us and will improve again next season . Newman still lives in Poole so is very unlikely to be signing for a northern club for a full season. 

Jordan rumoured to be on the move....Great round redcar but mostly poor away from home.

Last season our heat leaders and Kyle carried the team with more often than not our second strings having a very hit and miss season.

If we are to ever win the league title we need riders that can score home and away.

Ace pijper was superb in the silver helmet meeting and on that meeting alone is worth a punt on a two average at home....but he will probably end up at Berwick with his dad.

Just my thoughts peeps....

1 hour ago, Jeffo said:

Jordan rumoured to be on the move....Great round redcar but mostly poor away from home.

Last season our heat leaders and Kyle carried the team with more often than not our second strings having a very hit and miss season.

If we are to ever win the league title we need riders that can score home and away.

Ace pijper was superb in the silver helmet meeting and on that meeting alone is worth a punt on a two average at home....but he will probably end up at Berwick with his dad.

Just my thoughts peeps....

When we lost Erik to injury it showed our heat leaders weren’t as strong as we thought

charles had a poor season to his standard as the drop in average shows but was carrying and injury 

lewi was just too inconsistent throughout the season 

1 hour ago, Redtruck said:

When we lost Erik to injury it showed our heat leaders weren’t as strong as we thought

charles had a poor season to his standard as the drop in average shows but was carrying and injury 

lewi was just too inconsistent throughout the season 

Charles Wright:-

2021 - 8.21 from 24 mtgs

2022 8.45 from 33 meetings.

And his Prem Ave went up too.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Charles Wright&league=B&sort=date&comp=All&club=Overall&reload=Y#mobile_stats

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Charles Wright&league=B&sort=date&comp=All&club=Overall&reload=Y#mobile_stats

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

Regardless of the points limit I would definitely have Jason & Jordan back next year. Both have shown good potential and must surely improve again next season. Both had spells in the top 5 and though a touch inconsistent, generally held their own in these positions. Would be good if both could start at reserve again. 

Official GSA's(10 meetings) are NOT a true reflection of recent average as there is a story in this weeks SS regarding this. A team could ride against 6 or 7 of the top teams & riders get a lower than normal average where, if you ride against mostly lower teams you would be higher. Also, there is the effect of rider manipulation where teams already in play off positions or teams in the lower reaches of the league will have less to ride for at the end of the league season so will try to drop their average to make themselves more employable the following year.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, IronScorpion said:

Official GSA's(10 meetings) are NOT a true reflection of recent average as there is a story in this weeks SS regarding this. A team could ride against 6 or 7 of the top teams & riders get a lower than normal average where, if you ride against mostly lower teams you would be higher. Also, there is the effect of rider manipulation where teams already in play off positions or teams in the lower reaches of the league will have less to ride for at the end of the league season so will try to drop their average to make themselves more employable the following year.

Also makes a difference if a rider is at reserve or not in their last 10 matches. I definitely saw a few flaws when they changed the rules, I guess the promoters didn't!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Also makes a difference if a rider is at reserve or not in their last 10 matches. I definitely saw a few flaws when they changed the rules, I guess the promoters didn't!

Not to mention the home and away split. (I pointed how unfair to Poole this would be in August :rofl:)

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Danny King and jake mulford to the bears.

Can’t see Matt Ford letting his favourite rider go anywhere, if he’s releasing a heat leader more likely Worrall.

With Wright already in and Jenkins and Edwards as assets they are probably in, don’t think they want to change the team much from last season as Kerr and Riss were very popular so I’d think Newman would be looking for a track closer to the south coast and Anderson might be the sacrificial one . 
Jordan Stewart to reappear with a NDL ‘star’ to come in ?, Pijper-Boughen-Harrison-Trigger ??? as a big gamble .

28 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can’t see Matt Ford letting his favourite rider go anywhere, if he’s releasing a heat leader more likely Worrall.

With Wright already in and Jenkins and Edwards as assets they are probably in, don’t think they want to change the team much from last season as Kerr and Riss were very popular so I’d think Newman would be looking for a track closer to the south coast and Anderson might be the sacrificial one . 
Jordan Stewart to reappear with a NDL ‘star’ to come in ?, Pijper-Boughen-Harrison-Trigger ??? as a big gamble .

Mulford cant be much more than a 2 if not a 2pointer? And alot stronger than the 4 mentioned 

40 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Based on suggestions I've read and a 40 limit!

Redcar  
Erik Riss 8.58
King / Worrall 8.05
Charles Wright 7.48
Jordan Jenkins 5.31
Cameron Heeps 4.33
Jason Edwards 4.10
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 39.85

Heeps! Can’t see Redcar wanting him , can’t see the King / Worrall option either. Isn’t Mulford a grass tracker ? Redcar will have a third of their home fixtures on a Sunday so doubt that works for them and may cause issues with Riss riding in Poland. If Kerr doesn’t come back can see an Edinburgh heat leader who guested a few times being linked.

The limit will be higher than 38 now there are so few teams.