British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2023

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

Jake Mulford suffered a broken leg/ankle at a grass track meeting in France yesterday.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Terrible news as he had really found his confidence and form on shale. 

Do you know whether right or left leg as obviously right leg break would require full strength to control the bike. 

Shame for him and his Clubs

Disaster for Mulford & real bad news for Redcar. As harsh as it may sound Belle Vue shouldn't be hindered, Bailey & Edwards could be possible replacements?

Get well soon Jake

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Terrible news as he had really found his confidence and form on shale. 

Do you know whether right or left leg as obviously right leg break would require full strength to control the bike. 

Shame for him and his Clubs

I've no idea which leg he's broken. Sorry.

• Like 1

Terrible news for Redcar and Jake. I have only been to 3 meetings this season, but each time I went you could see a lot of improvement in him. Fingers crossed he heals up 100% ready for next year and this doesn't hold up his progress...

As for replacements it could be tricky finding someone on a 3.00... Danny Phillips? He seems to be doing alright for the bullets, has a bit of experience of the CL already and is local.

Other options would be to give a young lad a chance such as Max Perry or Ashton Boughen, both are going well in the National League and I've seen Ashton ride at numerous Redcar second halves so he must be in and around the club/area quite a bit? Massive talent.

I know Nathan Stoneman isn't coming back from his injury and I don't see Bickley returning either, so both of them are out the window.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Terrible news for Redcar and Jake. I have only been to 3 meetings this season, but each time I went you could see a lot of improvement in him. Fingers crossed he heals up 100% ready for next year and this doesn't hold up his progress...

As for replacements it could be tricky finding someone on a 3.00... Danny Phillips? He seems to be doing alright for the bullets, has a bit of experience of the CL already and is local.

Other options would be to give a young lad a chance such as Max Perry or Ashton Boughen, both are going well in the National League and I've seen Ashton ride at numerous Redcar second halves so he must be in and around the club/area quite a bit? Massive talent.

I know Nathan Stoneman isn't coming back from his injury and I don't see Bickley returning either, so both of them are out the window.

I honestly think Jack Smith is the best option for a (temporary) replacement.

If not that, then Connor Coles would be the strongest Champ guest to use when he's available.

Boughen is too young & I think the Champ would be too big a step for him once he reaches 16, probably better off to take a few guest bookings with a view to finding a Champ club in 2024?

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I honestly think Jack Smith is the best option for a (temporary) replacement.

If not that, then Connor Coles would be the strongest Champ guest to use when he's available.

Boughen is too young & I think the Champ would be too big a step for him once he reaches 16, probably better off to take a few guest bookings with a view to finding a Champ club in 2024?

I thought Jack Smith was already signed up in the championship for some reason, but turns out he's not, I agree he would be another very good option. He's allowed to do all three leagues this year isn't he? Going to become suddenly very busy if so.

I know the CL would probably be a big step up for Ashton or Max, but giving them the experience for half the season with the view of signing them on next year without them starting from square one sounds sensible to me, yes they might not score very many, but I bet they would learn a lot. Especially riding at Redcar, THE best track in the country and should get track of the year over Scunthorpe imo...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I thought Jack Smith was already signed up in the championship for some reason, but turns out he's not, I agree he would be another very good option. He's allowed to do all three leagues this year isn't he? Going to become suddenly very busy if so.

I know the CL would probably be a big step up for Ashton or Max, but giving them the experience for half the season with the view of signing them on next year without them starting from square one sounds sensible to me, yes they might not score very many, but I bet they would learn a lot. Especially riding at Redcar, THE best track in the country and should get track of the year over Scunthorpe imo...

Jack Smith won’t be doing all 3 leagues either way? And Boughen and Perry aren’t old enough to ride in the Championship

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Jack Smith won’t be doing all 3 leagues either way? And Boughen and Perry aren’t old enough to ride in the Championship

Jack Smith would be racing for the Aces, the Bears and the Colts (theoretically - if he signed for Redcar)

Edit: Just seen that Jack Smith came in to guest for Jake Mulford last night, I thought it was a permanent move, but surely it should be?

Edited by Diamonds85

41 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Jack Smith would be racing for the Aces, the Bears and the Colts (theoretically - if he signed for Redcar)

Edit: Just seen that Jack Smith came in to guest for Jake Mulford last night, I thought it was a permanent move, but surely it should be?

Jason Edwards apparently.

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Max Perry is 16 so is eligible 

Ah I thought he was same as Boughen and Luke, but I do recall his big announcement as being an asset right enough!

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yeah Jack Smith no where near good enough to be riding for the Aces away from home, it will be Edwards or Bailey surely, apparently Edwards, as said above

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who haven’t seen it.

Very best of wishes to him and what a wonderful creation air fences are. On a standard fence, that impact is career-threatening.

He’ll be tender, but thanks to Poland’s finest morphine, he’ll be comfortable.

https://x.com/parkmaszyn/status/1700942593960349719?s=46&t=X-fQh82nyLXPqBG4Ugqe7Q

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall