British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2023

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Sam Hagon 

And if they got him in time for Weds, really only Connor Bailey who they need to worry about. Although who is to say Mulford won't do well at Poole as i didn't know Hagon was going to be that good. Though track was grippier than normal with all the rain and forecast is for sunny weather this week so probably back to its normal slick self! 

25 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Do you sack ‘em merchants every stop ! Give the lads a chance, how are the youngsters supposed to improve if they aren't given team spots ?

Charles Wright is a prime example !

I agree but I doubt it does anyone's confidence any good to post zeros week after week, sometimes it helps to come out of the firing line

10 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I agree but I doubt it does anyone's confidence any good to post zeros week after week, sometimes it helps to come out of the firing line

5+1 at B’Ham including a race win, would have scored at Oxford but for an EF, same at Berwick where it would have been a paid four. Just because he lacks track craft doesn’t mean he lacks speed. Give the guy a break, he’s on a 2 point average, what do you expect !?!?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

5+1 at B’Ham including a race win, would have scored at Oxford but for an EF, same at Berwick where it would have been a paid four. Just because he lacks track craft doesn’t mean he lacks speed. Give the guy a break, he’s on a 2 point average, what do you expect !?!?.

I was merely wondering who was available - I'm sure he'll be given the time to settle

8 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The facility ends when he declares himself fit to race, there’s no time limit on it, it’s a genuine illness unlike the Kennet scenario last year.

He will want to race to earn some cash as it’s his full time job.

The club will stick by him and the other riders who are still finding their feet as, unlike some of the keyboard warriors on here, the club show patience as the season isn’t going too bad….through in the K O cup, through in the Micky mouse cup and a first away win at Edinburgh in 10 years!

I'm sure the club would prefer some of the middle / lower order to up their scoring, but as you say the club has made a good start to the season, still in the KOC & BSN, have the only away win in the league - which hold them in good stead for a top 6 spot!

1 minute ago, 4BM said:

See Ipswich have replaced Erik Ross with Ben Barker under a 28 day contract, wonder if Redcar will go down same route or stick with guests whilst they can? 

*Riss

7 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Adam Ellis 7.31 from last year brummies ave? What’s conversion rate down 1.5? Blodorn Bellego?

Ellis will be conversion average now as well as doesn't have champ place at start of season I believe. Could be wrong but 1.6 rings a bell for this year

On 5/14/2023 at 2:04 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Do you sack ‘em merchants every stop ! Give the lads a chance, how are the youngsters supposed to improve if they aren't given team spots ?

Charles Wright is a prime example !

Don't forget Edinburgh dropped Charles Wright for Marcel Helfer lol!

Lets say Redcar decide to plan without Riss & also drop Mulford to go with strength in depth?

10.75 available to replace Riss & Mulford, could sign 2 of:

Dillon Ruml (5.47)

Drew Kemp (5.20)

Dan Thompson (5.09)

Would obviously be weaker at the top without a 3rd heat leader, but stronger at the bottom with Bailey & Edwards at reserve.

Edited by szkocjasid