British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2023

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No it’s winter Geoff they held all the meetings in the Summer 

oh wait. 

Hope your well m8.

Hi yea good mate been up to yours couple times should have let u know,see u next season hopefully at northside as well.have 2 rain off tickets think they might let me use next year lol

Just now, geoff100 said:

Hi yea good mate been up to yours couple times should have let u know,see u next season hopefully at northside as well.have 2 rain off tickets think they might let me use next year lol

Yeah m8 I still have mine if your heading up give me a shout.

22 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

How is Nothside progressing have you been to have a look.

will definitely get down if running.

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone be so kind? Please?

1 - 53.8

2 - 54.3

3 - 55.3

4 - 55.2

5 - 54.4

6 - 55.3

7 - 54.7

8 - 55.6

9 - 54.9

10 - 55.4

11 - 56.5

12 - 55.6

13 - 55.0

14 - 55.1

15 - 55.4

16 - 56.7

17 - 55.6

18 - 56.5

19 - 55.7

20 - 56.6

S/F - 56.1

Final - 56.2

• Thanks 1

Personally, Not so much who I would like, but who I would not like to see in the Redcar jacket: B Barker, C Cook, J Wright, M Clegg, A Roynon, A Summers, J Sedgman, P Starke to name a few. They, in my opinion, all come with either some form of baggage, are unreliable, injury prone or just can’t ride the Ecco Arena. Might all be nice people & good riders, just not for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biffa said:

Personally, Not so much who I would like, but who I would not like to see in the Redcar jacket: B Barker, C Cook, J Wright, M Clegg, A Roynon, A Summers, J Sedgman, P Starke to name a few. They, in my opinion, all come with either some form of baggage, are unreliable, injury prone or just can’t ride the Ecco Arena. Might all be nice people & good riders, just not for me. 

Any 7 of the riders you've named wouldn't be a bad team to be fair  averages permitting of course. 

23 hours ago, Biffa said:

Paul Starke is an absolute steal on his average, sedgeman I’m 50/50 on wether he can maintain a 7 average but definitely had fire under his butt this year,Craig came off of many injuries to return a 12 point haul from 4 rides on his return away at Redcar and with my reckoning is the 3rd highest rated #1 in the league but is now on an 8.45 average (steal) , if you take Charles and Craig at 1-5 they’ll be deadly. James Wright I just think was at the wrong club last year.

Depending on averages wouldn't mind all our heat leaders back and Kyle Newman is a absolute must....ace pijper and Jason Edwards at reserve...not sure what that leaves for a second string but wouldn't have andersen or Jenkins...no offence !

Edited by Jeffo

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jeffo said:

Depending on averages wouldn't mind all our heat leaders back and Kyle Newman is a absolute must....ace pijper and Jason Edwards at reserve...not sure what that leaves for a second string but wouldn't have andersen or Jenkins...no offence !

Glad your not picking the team then as Jenkins did very well for us and will improve again next season . Newman still lives in Poole so is very unlikely to be signing for a northern club for a full season. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2022 at 12:23 PM, Cast1rn said:

Paul Starke is an absolute steal on his average, sedgeman I’m 50/50 on wether he can maintain a 7 average but definitely had fire under his butt this year,Craig came off of many injuries to return a 12 point haul from 4 rides on his return away at Redcar and with my reckoning is the 3rd highest rated #1 in the league but is now on an 8.45 average (steal) , if you take Charles and Craig at 1-5 they’ll be deadly. James Wright I just think was at the wrong club last year.

Is that at the start of the year or end?

He did a cracking job for us at the tail end of the season, taking some memorable scalps.

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jeffo said:

Ace Piper nowhere near ready for championship racing.

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned him for the Berwick team.

Wouldn't mind Jenkins for Berwick if you don't want him (showed great fight when guesting for Berwick which is all you can ask for).

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Glad your not picking the team then as Jenkins did very well for us and will improve again next season . Newman still lives in Poole so is very unlikely to be signing for a northern club for a full season. 

Kyle gets married this month and has a young family so can't see him committing to so much travelling.

Edited by Skidder1