2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Erik Riss

2. James Shanes

3. Danny King

4. Danyon Hume

5. Charles Wright

6. Jake Mulford

7. Jason Edwards

Personally, however I think Mulford and Edwards will be swapped.

That’s what I’d go for also. Looks a strong side when you see it like that. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Good looking team that 

On 2/20/2023 at 9:52 PM, Aries said:

That’s what I’d go for also. Looks a strong side when you see it like that. 

Very good looking side imo, them, Poole and Glasgow are my top 3 for next year. As much as it pains me to say, I'll probably be visiting Redcar a few times this season, with the demise of the Diamonds :( So I am glad to see such a strong team of exciting riders out on the track. Redcar is actually my closest track anyway, 15 minutes up the road rather than the hour it took to get to Brough...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Very good looking side imo, them, Poole and Glasgow are my top 3 for next year. As much as it pains me to say, I'll probably be visiting Redcar a few times this season, with the demise of the Diamonds :( So I am glad to see such a strong team of exciting riders out on the track. Redcar is actually my closest track anyway, 15 minutes up the road rather than the hour it took to get to Brough...

Yeah I'll be having a few trips down aswell as the odd Sunday to Northside aswell 

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

27th August - Sunday 5pm start.. August bank holiday weekend

Drop into Leicester on the way up on Saturday, and then Monday's return via Belle Vue (at noon) and Wolves or Peterborough in the evening.:D

18 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Just read that the Championship riders final is at Redcar this year.

Good news for Redcar. 

Disasterous news - need to get it  moved :angry:

Why ??  Someone's wife suggested a nice 5 day cruise leaving on a Saturday returning on a Thursday so no impact on Speedway, and it's all booked :cry:

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Bailey in for Shanes!

Always polite to post a link ;)

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Fingers crossed Shanes gets it sorted and can carry on racing at some point in the future. Great to see Bailey back in the Championship.

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Always polite to post a link ;)

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Fingers crossed Shanes gets it sorted and can carry on racing at some point in the future. Great to see Bailey back in the Championship.

Shanes was always the question mark for me in the team. He seems to ride a speedway bike like he would a Grasstrack bike so down into the saddle rather than getting off it and he runs into bends on a closed throttle whereas for most tracks, riders are throttling up just as they turn into the first bend. It makes him difficult to pass if he’s in front, especially on tight tracks, but slow when behind. 
He is a terrific grass tracker, though accident prone, but unlike some of the top grass trackers of the past, like Wigg, Schofield, Screen, Morton etc, he hasn’t transferred that ability to speedway.

It’ll be interesting to see if the move away from Glasgow helps Bailey. I suspect it will and he’ll make an already solid looking Redcar team even better.