British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2023.

28 minutes ago, emilali said:

Genuine question for any none promotion hoop lickers. What the hell is Etheridge still doing anywhere near this side? Absolutely embarrassing. Any other club and he’d have been booted ages ago. Must be a top bloke in the pub is all I can think?

No travel expenses 

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Has made Berwick favourites for the final play-off spot imo

Not really…..  we will be able to use guests for the rest of the  season snd considering how inconsistent Morris had been this season, it may actually strengthen us as daft as that sounds. 
farcical yes but, sadly true. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, emilali said:

Genuine question for any none promotion hoop lickers. What the hell is Etheridge still doing anywhere near this side? Absolutely embarrassing. Any other club and he’d have been booted ages ago. Must be a top bloke in the pub is all I can think?

He`s a great guy.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Not really…..  we will be able to use guests for the rest of the  season snd considering how inconsistent Morris had been this season, it may actually strengthen us as daft as that sounds. 

Just meant for last night Birmingham could have had another 2 points.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Has made Berwick favourites for the final play-off spot imo

9 hours ago, the hobbit said:

I more mean the home loss, as long as Berwick can win at home they are safe, wether they can do that, we'll see?

I can't see any of the bottom four clubs picking up points away, so least dropped home points = play-offs!

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I more mean the home loss, as long as Berwick can win at home they are safe, wether they can do that, we'll see?

I can't see any of the bottom four clubs picking up points away, so least dropped home points = play-offs!

Some tough home fixtures to come for Bandits.Plymouth could be the danger.IMO

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Some tough home fixtures to come for Bandits.Plymouth could be the danger.IMO

Poole have to visit Berwick, Edinburgh & Birmingham, so 3 wins for Poole would cancel each other out (Plymouth too far back for it to help them imo). Whilst Oxford have to visit Edinburgh, where I'd expect an away win. They are the two team I most expect to win away.

Edited by szkocjasid

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Poole have to visit Berwick, Edinburgh & Birmingham, so 3 wins for Poole would cancel each other out (Plymouth too far back for it to help them imo). Whilst Oxford have to visit Edinburgh, where I'd expect an away win. They are the two team I most expect to win away.

If we assume that for a bottom end team:

any point away is a point gained, as is any bonus point,

And at home defeats to the big three are inevitable, chances of beating Redcar/Scunny 50/50, while fellow basement rivals should be beaten :

Then you get a form guide of 

Berwick +1 [they beat Scunny]

Birm Zero [-2 for home loss v Edinburgh offsetting +2 for away win at Plym]

EdinburghZero [ away win +2 less two defeats to mid-ranking Scun/Redcar, -1 each]

Plymouth -1 [-2 for home loss to Brum, +1 for home win over Scuny]

So it's pretty evenly balanced and far too early to call, and could be determined by a surprise signing, a sudden uptick in form, an injury, a drug ban or any number of events which will crop up as the season plays out.

31 minutes ago, screm said:

Strictly slightly going off thread but I wish Dennis McCleary all the best and a big turn out for his testimonial game this Saturday, I think it fair to say had it not been for Dennis the Bandits and the Rangers would be in a sorry mess.

https://www.berwickspeedway.com/news/back-dennis-big-day/

Dennis was immense in helping keep the show on the road for the Bandits.Best of luck with his Testimonial.

• Like 3