British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2023.

I'm not Berwick fan obviously so feel free to shoot me down, but biggest issue I see is you're basically imprisoned for an NDL match to get your money's worth where I know many people aren't interested in it. I myself have little interest in watching it, it's my preference. So in fact anyone of the same persuasion and doesn't want to hang about for 3 hours plus is paying £2 per race. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It's a quid a race...   Free car-parking.

How does that compare with other tracks, where you pay up to £1.50 per heat on a normal night after parking the car?

Just saying......

Exactly that, £1 a race to watch two play off hopefuls battle it out then follow that with the great entertainment that is the National League. Great value

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Exactly that, £1 a race to watch two play off hopefuls battle it out then follow that with the great entertainment that is the National League. Great value

Are you Dick in disguise?

5 hours ago, screm said:

Maybe the promotion are keeping us guessing for the on night price.

It'll be announced at 6 25 pm, when the queue is round the car park.

3 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Tbh at the start of the season every club can call themselves a play-off hopeful, don't know if that means anything really!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Tbh at the start of the season every club can call themselves a play-off hopeful, don't know if that means anything really!

Nope 

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'm not Berwick fan obviously so feel free to shoot me down, but biggest issue I see is you're basically imprisoned for an NDL match to get your money's worth where I know many people aren't interested in it. I myself have little interest in watching it, it's my preference. So in fact anyone of the same persuasion and doesn't want to hang about for 3 hours plus is paying £2 per race. 

Correct   

And the fact remains...

That it is still Thirty Quid...

For a couple to go its Sixty Quid..

For around just 35 mins of actual "entertainment" (which by subjective opinion can be very varied in quality)...

In a cost of living crisis...

That's what those who run, or who are involved in the sport, dont get, (many of whom will help out, and in exchange, get in for "free")...

That really isnt value for money, when, as has already been said, half the nights "entertainment" could have zero  interest for a fair proportion of your fanbase..

Thirty Pounds for the 15 heats you are interested in is the offer in the eyes of some, and whether the club wants you to see it as that or not is irrelevant, as VFM is in the eye of the purchaser not the seller..

And, not seen any line ups obviously, but if it follows the majority of meetings in the UK, those 15 heats you are interested in could have  a "few" guests on show, (with more over the two meetings) to reduce the relevance of what is on offer even further, meaning you are stretching the loyalty of even your most die hard followers with such a price point..

I have shook my head many times when having discussions with Promoters, and their support crew, around why crowds are so low, as they really do not "get it"...

They invariably "love the sport" and become emotionally attached to riders, wanting them to have the most opportunities to earn money for the risks they take, and the machinery investment, so cannot see why their tracks are not "packed out" every week with fans showing the same enthusiasm for the sport that those within the sport do..

Unfortunately that can also prevent them from seeing the "bigger picture" that not everyone in their fanbase feels the same and, given the lack of credibility in the operating model, and/or maybe a dodgy weather forecast, you can see why even your most loyal followers sometimes can "take it or leave it" on any given night..

Emotional blackmail of "use it or lose it" also doesnt wash, as it is not the customers who must blindly follow the business, it is the business who must provide what the punters want, (not what they "think" the punters want)..

Hopefully those of us looking at Sixty Quid for a couple to attend for 35 mins of "entertainment", as being "a bit optimistic and out of touch", will be completely wrong, and the place is full to the rafters...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Correct   

And the fact remains...

That it is still Thirty Quid...

For a couple to go its Sixty Quid..

For around just 35 mins of actual "entertainment" (which by subjective opinion can be very varied in quality)...

In a cost of living crisis...

That's what those who run, or who are involved in the sport, dont get, (many of whom will help out, and in exchange, get in for "free")...

That really isnt value for money, when, as has already been said, half the nights "entertainment" could have zero  interest for a fair proportion of your fanbase..

Thirty Pounds for the 15 heats you are interested in is the offer in the eyes of some, and whether the club wants you to see it as that or not is irrelevant, as VFM is in the eye of the purchaser not the seller..

And, not seen any line ups obviously, but if it follows the majority of meetings in the UK, those 15 heats you are interested in could have  a "few" guests on show, (with more over the two meetings) to reduce the relevance of what is on offer even further, meaning you are stretching the loyalty of even your most die hard followers with such a price point..

I have shook my head many times when having discussions with Promoters, and their support crew, around why crowds are so low, as they really do not "get it"...

They invariably "love the sport" and become emotionally attached to riders, wanting them to have the most opportunities to earn money for the risks they take, and the machinery investment, so cannot see why their tracks are not "packed out" every week with fans showing the same enthusiasm for the sport that those within the sport do..

Unfortunately that can also prevent them from seeing the "bigger picture" that not everyone in their fanbase feels the same and, given the lack of credibility in the operating model, and/or maybe a dodgy weather forecast, you can see why even your most loyal followers sometimes can "take it or leave it" on any given night..

Emotional blackmail of "use it or lose it" also doesnt wash, as it is not the customers who must blindly follow the business, it is the business who must provide what the punters want, (not what they "think" the punters want)..

Hopefully those of us looking at Sixty Quid for a couple to attend for 35 mins of "entertainment", as being "a bit optimistic and out of touch", will be completely wrong, and the place is full to the rafters...

Well said 

18 hours ago, StevePark said:

Double Header on Sat.  Tickets now on sale at £30.

I don't understand why they're charging the full price for a Champ & NL match. There must be savings they can pass onto the fans. Stadium rental, travel expenses for riders in both matches etc, does the referee get double his fee?

I know the fans "saving" would be not having to pay petrol twice, but not evey fan would choose to go to both meetings!

Edited by szkocjasid

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

That is the most important bit, it's the fans who will declare if it seems VFM, based on how many turn up, not the promotion.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1