British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2023.

19 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

I believe that any deal with Ace had to involve Theo getting a team place as well. 

You have just ruined our next announcement. The Poole fans will have nothing to talk about now.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

When Jorgensen average drops by about 2 points one of the reserves will be out the door more than likely.

4 hours ago, screm said:

By that stage the season will be over.

How will the season be over. Are you suggesting after the 1st set of averages Berwick won't be able to even reach 6th place in the league?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Who says they offered him a place? In side made up that way would probably been too much pressure anyway. Needs left to develop whereas would've been under pressure to score some points in that side imo. 

Money is key,and anyone in Ace’s position offered aTeam place and a good deal would take it.Good luck to him he is a talent.

• Like 1

That’s a pretty rubbish Berwick team.

I was watching Rory at the press conference last season when he had “finished”. Everyone was,patting him on the back and saying to him to enjoy his retirement , but his body language and facial expressions gave off a completely different vibe. I always thought it was a couple of seasons too early and clearly it was. He has sat at home in Aus brooding and missing the racing. Riders are a long time retired. Clearly Rory thinks he still has enough in the tank to continue and so he is back next season. Surprised? Not in the slightest.

Berwick though? A strange choice but if they have made him a decent offer, why not?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

On paper the Berwick team looks weak. But until more clubs are signed can't comment of they are a title challenging side or not!

* The 7th best team of 9 could be "title challenging" as they would only be one place from the play-offs!

Teams on paper don’t don’t mean a lot in Speedway.IMO.

Well it’s certainly a shock signing, some of the comments a little harsh but time will tell.

I can only imagine that his fiancée hasn’t settled and they are returning to the uk? You’d imagine they had a plan to move to Australia once  Rory had finished Speedway,  if the move hasn’t gone as planned and Rory has the desire to race still then fair play to him and don’t forget the work he put in with British youngsters so I wish Rory and his family all the very best on returning to the Uk. 

• Like 1

Putting a positive attitude of Berwick's team:

The 3 heat leaders should all be looking to reach 8.0 aves. Etheridge's home form should stop his average dropping. Knudsen should be looking at a 6.5 / 7.0 ave. Given a full season in the Champ both reserves have the capability of reaching 3.0 aves. (Perhaps whoever is number six will end up on 2.0 & number seven 3.5).

Edited by szkocjasid

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Putting a positive attitude of Berwick's team:

The 3 heat leaders should all be looking to reach 8.0 aves. Etheridge's home form should stop his average dropping. Knudsen should be looking at a 6.5 / 7.0 ave. Given a full season in the Champ both reserves have the capability of reaching 3.0 aves. (Perhaps whoever is number six will end up on 2.0 & number seven 3.5).

Agree IF Flint and Knudsen  kick on and improve as expected ,you never know .

36 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

For anyone interested in numbers, I calculate the averages of the FTS Bandits' announced line-up as 39.99. 

1 get 40 lol TJ 9.53 + RS 8.18  +LF 7.00 +JE 6.29 +JK 5.00 +NS 2.00 + CC2.00