British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2023

On 11/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Berry9 said:

The problem for Scunthorpe is the same as the problem for Redcar.  "The track is too fair"  and that makes it too easy for away teams to drive away with points in the bag with little chance of a reciprocal favour in corresponding away fixture.  I know we get to see lots of exciting racing over 4 laps instead of a boring dash to the first corner from the tapes but then doesn’t amount to much when they dish out the trophies.  I also think it hinders the ability to secure the best riders because they want a home track where they can take 12 points from a meeting and  ot when where visiting heat leaders can make a serious dent in their income

Yep, big advantage home tracks equals false averages especially when the track stays consistant

On 11/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally would rather see the great racing that scunthorpe and Redcar produces than rubbish racing and massive home wins. Nobody really cares who wins the league so would rather be entertained at the meetings I attend

100% spot on...

Which is why Aces fans must be so pleased..

They've been able to watch hammerings and great racing...

Not sure the owners are too pleased about the hammerings though given the points money that gets paid out..!!:o:D

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Now that the averages have been confirmed, this team fits!

Scunthorpe  
Ryan Douglas 9.38
Michael P Toft 6.76
Jake Allen 6.30
Simon Lambert 5.20
Connor Mountain 4.72
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
Joe Thompson 3.27
Total 39.90

Final averages show slight increase on these figures for Mountain, Lambert and Thompson so this seven just exceeds 40 points by 0.23. Mountain 4.84, Lambert 5.33, Thompson 3.35.

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Mountain never at 5! Already done Kennedy and Joe. So assuming they are 6 and 7. I'm going with MPT. 

Not riding at 5. :D I mean reverse order going on GSA's. 

Joe Thompson, Zaine Kennedy, Connor Mountain, Simon Lambert, Jake Allen, Michael Palm Toft and then Ryan Douglas.

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not riding at 5. :D I mean reverse order going on GSA's. 

Joe Thompson, Zaine Kennedy, Connor Mountain, Simon Lambert, Jake Allen, Michael Palm Toft and then Ryan Douglas.

I thought it was done in riding order. Find out tomorrow! Gonna stick with MPT for now 

He helped the Scorpions out in there last fixture of the season at Berwick when no riders would guest as it was bank holiday weekend . Raced in the no 5 jacket and scored a decent 6 plus 1 on the night . He has a good attitude and a very good  2nd string to start the season . Will be made welcome at the EWR  really hope it is Connor Mountain

• Like 1