British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2023

If Roynon wants to continue his impressive BSN career which could open up new chances after he finishes riding a Friday home track may not be ideal. 

I can see him at Plymouth with Coles. 

Kemp may well be in last chance saloon and EWR is one of his better tracks. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Read an Interview on FB with Lambert he said he's signed up with a Championship team for 2023. Can only be at Scunny as no one else is daft enough to take him.

Tbh I don't understand all the hate for Lambert, yeah he's never going to be a world beater and he's not the greatest rider ever to grace the sport, but I'd happily have him in my team as a number 2, always a trier and a solid, experienced rider, particularly at scunthorpe and other similarly sized tracks. I quite liked him at Newcastle even though it didn't really work out for him. He's nowhere near one of my top choices don't get me wrong, but he's not so bad that you'd have to be daft to sign him surely??

And although I don't really know him personally he seems like a really chilled nice guy

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Tbh I don't understand all the hate for Lambert, yeah he's never going to be a world beater and he's not the greatest rider ever to grace the sport, but I'd happily have him in my team as a number 2, always a trier and a solid, experienced rider, particularly at scunthorpe and other similarly sized tracks. I quite liked him at Newcastle even though it didn't really work out for him. He's nowhere near one of my top choices don't get me wrong, but he's not so bad that you'd have to be daft to sign him surely??

And although I don't really know him personally he seems like a really chilled nice guy

Yeah I agree with everything you say he gets hard time for no real reason he averaged 4 points away this season and 6.24 at home which is a fairly normal difference between home and away averages I would say 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah I agree with everything you say he gets hard time for no real reason he averaged 4 points away this season and 6.24 at home which is a fairly normal difference between home and away averages I would say 

Paid 17, 11 & 7 in last 3 appearances at ashfield. Not saying I'd sign him but evidence he doesn't only go scunny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's just one of those riders who it seems is an easy target for the keyboard warriors of today. That seems to be how society is these days, everyone loving to pile on with the insults at a moments notice

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

He also does a great job as captain and was on the phone trying to get riders to ride in 1 of our last meetings(could have been away at Berwick)

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Mostly riding at no2 with Dougy so a job well done.

3 hours ago, HGould said:

If Roynon wants to continue his impressive BSN career which could open up new chances after he finishes riding a Friday home track may not be ideal. 

I can see him at Plymouth with Coles. 

Kemp may well be in last chance saloon and EWR is one of his better tracks. 

Kemp in last chance saloon,where did you dream that one up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Kemp in last chance saloon,where did you dream that one up.

He's on an average where there is a lot of competition and fractions count. 

His attitude stinks and he'll be in competition with guys who are real team players and not a spoilt brat. 

He could probably have picked his club 3 seasons ago, now I doubt if many would touch him. 

I went up to Redcar and Berwick to follow Scunthorpe and spoke to Lambo in the pits ,hehad been on the phone to all sorts of riders asking if they would guest for us . That stands well with me knowing it meant something to him to try and get us in the playoffs , it’s a yes from me for Lambo  . Also an ex Scunny ride will be back and cut down on his travel time from last season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

I went up to Redcar and Berwick to follow Scunthorpe and spoke to Lambo in the pits ,hehad been on the phone to all sorts of riders asking if they would guest for us . That stands well with me knowing it meant something to him to try and get us in the playoffs , it’s a yes from me for Lambo  . Also an ex Scunny ride will be back and cut down on his travel time from last season

So, who is the ex Scunny rider coming back?  Auty, Nielson, TJ, Worrall's, any more to guess???

37 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

So, who is the ex Scunny rider coming back?  Auty, Nielson, TJ, Worrall's, any more to guess???

Personally would of thought Auty was nailed on with a low average for his potential to score big points at home and the occasional good meeting away

13 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally would of thought Auty was nailed on with a low average for his potential to score big points at home and the occasional good meeting away

Standard of machinery seemed to be an issue a few years ago as he did not want to ride Premiership so could not keep up with the big boys. I seem to remember early season at Birmingham that he blew a few engines before splashing out just before his injury.