British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2023

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Please, enlighten us with names?

You have often said that you are not a supporter of Scunthorpe & going by your other posts on threads, NOT a supporter of speedway. Why bother?

Because i used to love it and still do enjoy it on occasion, theres certain riders i still enjoy watching but i dont really care who wins or loses anymore but i do think if you are in it try and put the best team you can together… 

alternative riders in and around his average

Anders Rowe

Jack Thomas 

Dan Thompson

Drew Kemp

Kasper Andersen 

All younger and have potential to increase and make Scunny stronger and thats just riders in the league!! Was any effort made to find an exciting foreigner

Jonas Kundsen

Kenyon Rew 

Tate Nitscke 

all look like there riding over here next year  

Edited by phillipsr

16 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

From been a small lad of 5 or 6  been taken to the Boulevard by my Dad  to watch the Hull Vikings and the smell of methanol  ,I was instantly hooked . Back then I wanted crashes and spills  . Fast forward  50 yrs  and sadly losing my Dad in March this year I’m still going to my local track which is now Scunthorpe  and follow them up and down  the country this season. the last two meetings away to Redcar and then onto Berwick 24 hrs later  as a single driver  because it’s a sport I love and if we don’t support it we will lose it . Look at the uncertainty at Mildenhall  now.  we might lose another great  club . When I worked in London approx 5 yrs ago I visited  Swindon , Ipswich ,Rye House and Poole from my London Digs ,

Look at that small list and we have lost 50 % of them teams  so  what I’m trying to say is it’s fine been a supporter on a forum but if we don’t get numbers up we will lose Speedway on mass . I’m not a lover of individual meetings but love the team aspect of Speedway so let’s not knock our sport and get to your local tracks more regularly 

And this is the problem… why attend when theres very little VFM? Its not the fans fault those clubs have shut… 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Because i used to love it and still do enjoy it on occasion, theres certain riders i still enjoy watching but i dont really care who wins or loses anymore but i do think if you are in it try and put the best team you can together… 

Anders Rowe

Jack Thomas 

Dan Thompson

Drew Kemp

Kasper Andersen 

All younger and have potential to increase and make Scunny stronger and thats just riders in the league!! Was any effort made to find an exciting foreigner

Jonas Kundsen

Kenyon Rew 

Tate Nitscke 

Probably ALL those named have clubs already but not announced of which Rob would be aware.

If naming names, try doing a bit of homework, Zischke is his surname & I was warned off by a Poole poster saying he was Poole bound probably with Rew now he is at Ipswich so sorting the correct visa to ride in 2 leagues.

Kundsen is Knudsen & after being there this year & doing well was almost certain to stay. If not, Glasgow would have took him after doing the paperwork to bring him over.

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Anders Rowe

Jack Thomas 

Dan Thompson

Drew Kemp

Kasper Andersen 

Jonas Kundsen

Kenyon Rew 

Tate Nitscke 

Kasper not doing UK this year Knudsen back at Berwick,no idea about the rest

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Probably ALL those named have clubs already but not announced of which Rob would be aware.

If naming names, try doing a bit of homework, Zischke is his surname & I was warned off by a Poole poster saying he was Poole bound probably with Rew now he is at Ipswich so sorting the correct visa to ride in 2 leagues.

Kundsen is Knudsen & after being there this year & doing well was almost certain to stay. If not, Glasgow would have took him after doing the paperwork to bring him over.

Maybe they do… were they even asked or was the first choice Lambert… you asked for names i gave some (apart from some bad spelling apologies for the dyslexia) but you knew the point that was being made but decided to be a d**k instead 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Kasper not doing UK this year Knudsen back at Berwick,no idea about the rest

Knudsen was an example of who is out there with a bit of searching! Berwick did a great job of bringing him over.. thats what happens when you dont just settle 

19 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Maybe they do… were they even asked or was the first choice Lambert… you asked for names i gave some (apart from some bad spelling apologies for the dyslexia) but you knew the point that was being made but decided to be a d**k instead 

Don't think he was the first choice ............................. maybe 4th but is a good all round 2nd string/reserve & captain & most teams have them. As regards asking for names, you & many others just spout on here wrong choice/we need to make a change throughout a season but not give names & answers to their questions.

By the way, my name is NOT Richard!

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Last time Scunny went searching the came up with Jedd List.......

Recommended by his fellow Aussies with a reputation of being a good gater.

2 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

And what a signing he was although he was given little time to prove himself

I think he only had 1/2 a year on a 500cc & was beating similar Aussies of a same standard but was found out very quickly to not be up to the required level.

51 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Don't think he was the first choice ............................. maybe 4th but is a good all round 2nd string/reserve & captain & most teams have them. As regards asking for names, you & many others just spout on here wrong choice/we need to make a change throughout a season but not give names & answers to their questions.

By the way, my name is NOT Richard!

You asked for names and i gave them… there might be reasons why there not attainable but were they approached? Kemp for example is saying he hasn't got a team yet? Now theres other arguments to factor in but the point remains!

what you do is accept the mediocre then when people do suggest alternatives criticise them for doing so 

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Anyone know how Jake got on in the Queensland championships this morning?

Taken off Speedway America on Facebook:

Queensland State Individual Championship in Bowen, in Australia.

1. Ryan Douglas 15 – 1st in the 'A' final

2. Declan Kennedy 12 – 2nd in the 'A' final

3. Kozza Smith 12 – failure in the 'A' final

4. Zaine Kennedy 11 – excluded in the 'A' final

5. Tate Zischke 9

6. Jacob Hook 10

7. Zane Keleher 12

8. Bradley Page 7

9. Cordell Rogerson 7

10. Flynn Nicol 6

11. Matthew Day 6

12. Broc Hall 4

13. Riley Campbell 3

14. Jacob Samwell 2

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

5. Tate Zischke 9

6. Jacob Hook 10

7. Zane Keleher 12

8. Bradley Page 7

9. Cordell Rogerson 7

10. Flynn Nicol 6

11. Matthew Day 6

12. Broc Hall 4

13. Riley Campbell 3

14. Jacob Samwell 2

Z Kennedy unlucky, had the speed over Douglas just picked up drive at a bad time, did he touch Douglas ? Turtle videos have the action check it out, Allen had some issues with his ausie licence and entry was cancelled on the day

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

5. Tate Zischke 9

6. Jacob Hook 10

7. Zane Keleher 12

8. Bradley Page 7

9. Cordell Rogerson 7

10. Flynn Nicol 6

11. Matthew Day 6

12. Broc Hall 4