British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2023

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

He helped the Scorpions out in there last fixture of the season at Berwick when no riders would guest as it was bank holiday weekend . Raced in the no 5 jacket and scored a decent 6 plus 1 on the night . He has a good attitude and a very good  2nd string to start the season . Will be made welcome at the EWR  really hope it is Connor Mountain

Good signing IMO.Was impressed with him when I saw him last season.

18 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It’s Connor mountain.  Just read it on speedway star xtra 

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't that a bit naughty them announcing it before the club are going to? 

You can buy the Speedway Star from a newsagent from 5am onwards or get it delivered about 6.30am so it is easy to find out before the press release.

A good signing with room to improve as is a few of our riders as we know it will be difficult for others to improve their average.

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You can buy the Speedway Star from a newsagent from 5am onwards or get it delivered about 6.30am so it is easy to find out before the press release.

A good signing with room to improve as is a few of our riders as we know it will be difficult for others to improve their average.

If you get the digital version you can view it from midnight. 

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Personally not a fan of race suits and especially not a fan of bike covers... however it's nice to see the club moving forward, being able to spend a bit more

I presume that means no begging bowl next year then, if they can afford race suits.

Well done scunthorpe :t:

The fans are buying them

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Personally not a fan of race suits and especially not a fan of bike covers... however it's nice to see the club moving forward, being able to spend a bit more

I presume that means no begging bowl next year then, if they can afford race suits.

Well done scunthorpe :t:

I'm not a fan of race suits, as it makes it harder to tell who the riders are. Also seems an unnecessary expense of clubs have to produce 7+ new race suits every season. Although if fans pay for them to keep after the season, that would make financial sense to clubs!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not a fan of race suits, as it makes it harder to tell who the riders are. Also seems an unnecessary expense of clubs have to produce 7+ new race suits every season. Although if fans pay for them to keep after the season, that would make financial sense to clubs!

I think how much better and professional it makes a speedway meeting/broadcast look outweighs those. Should have been compulsory long before now for all Prem & Champs teams to wear them. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mossy666 said:

So how many points are remaining. Can’t see anywhere what the first 3 tally is. 

27.74 as 12.26 used.

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

No Need to worry, Douglas, Palm Toft, Allen and Lambert will fit

Hey, keep quiet! :D :t: