British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Sheffield 17/10/22. League cup final 1st leg

1 minute ago, ColeTrickle said:

What an awful meeting.

Crap track + Crap Team = Hardly any fans and no atmosphere.

1 decent race out of 15.

Entertainment zero.

It will take a hell of a team to get me back next season. Had enough!

Sums it up for me too. 

hate being negative, but it has all gone wrong for KL over the last few years. Big changes needed, probably more in the management than anywhere else!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColeTrickle said:

What an awful meeting.

1 decent race out of 15.

Entertainment zero.

There wasn't as many as i had thought, but it was better than most crowds this season. The atmosphere was as flat as a witches T*t

25 minutes ago, ColeTrickle said:

What an awful meeting.

1 decent race out of 15.

Entertainment zero.

A home promotion needs to offer either a winning side or an entertaining racetrack (ideally both!)

If it's neither that's a slippery old slope.

The club needs to have a long hard look at itself over the winter and decide what it wants to be.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A home promotion needs to offer either a winning side or an entertaining racetrack (ideally both!)

If it's neither that's a slippery old slope.

The club needs to have a long hard look at itself over the winter and decide what it wants to be.

I rang my lad to pick me up after HT10 tonight. The first time i can remember..

55 minutes ago, klstarsfan said:

was expecting way more from Pickering this year, when he came with Sheffield last year he looked unstoppable! 

Never really understood why anyone expected anything more than 6.5ish average from Pickering.  He's not a CL #1, average less than 8.5 in second tier. Anything above 6 in top tier should be considered a bonus.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Speedway fans are a loyal bunch, one or other will be enough, but not neither.

Happy, but not surprised by the result.

We not a bad side away from home this season.

So far this season in the  League, League Cup and Play Offs, away from this season we have this record.

Belle Vue; won 1 lost 3

Ipswich: won 1 lost 1

Kings Lynn won 3 lost 0

Peterborough; won 1 drawn 1 (lost on golden Heat)

Wolves; won 2 lost 2 

Only Wolves have won at Sheffield this season, so we looks like barring any disasters looks like the silverware is coming to us.

Also looks like the 3 best teams in the league will be picking up the silverware this season.

Belle Vue; League Champions

Sheffield; League Cup winners

Ipswich; Pairs 

What a pile of pooh 

We are 2 heat leaders short of a decent side.

Not sure what was up with Klindt tonight, never looked like scoring.

Picko is ok when he is on it, but other than early season he has just been chasing shadows. He can be exciting, but needs to gate once in a while.

Lawson scored as expected from no 1 position, cos he isn't close to being a no. 1

Worrall just about held his own, but his recent good form seemed to have deserted him. 

Even Freddie was a bit disappointing after a decent start to meeting.

Jorgensen at least showed some fight.

Jason Edwards never looked like scoring, seems to be struggling with confidence since returning from injury. We've struggled at no. 7 since Jack was injured.

And the track was pretty pants as well.

2023 needs some serious work....

Congratulations to Sheffield, can't see us turning this round with out some sort of divine intervention!

3 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Kerr showed that he obviously wasn't trying for Lynn... dog rubbish for us all season and then rides like that 

Sometimes a change of scenery for rider can do the trick.

At Sheffield he has Steady as his Team Manager, who has worked  hard with Lewis on his riding, and the one thing Promotion at Sheffield have been please with Lewis is the fact he has took the advice given and acted on it.

Not something that the Estate Agent could do at Kings Lynn.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spin king said:

At Sheffield he has Steady as his Team Manager, who has worked  hard with Lewis on his riding, and the one thing Promotion at Sheffield have been please with Lewis is the fact he has took the advice given and acted on it.

I wondered if that was some of the difference for Lewi, certainly making a difference for him .....

8 hours ago, spin king said:

A bit disrespectful to refer to him as the 'Estate Agent' mate. I expect Alex worked hard with Lewi but I think he had become very stale at Lynn after many years and needed out, he wasn't scoring well either at home or away but has been doing both for Sheffield. All three parties have benefited massively from the changes and as far as I'm aware Lewi holds no grudges, certainly not against Alex or Buster. Can't see him at Lynn again in the future and that's probably best for everyone most importantly him. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, spin king said:

We had an ex-rider (Shroek) and look how good he was... NOT.

And we've have non rider Allitt...

Sheffield are lucky with Steady.