British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Sheffield 17/10/22. League cup final 1st leg

59 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Or throw Sheffield out and award the cup to Lynn......

17 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Knowing the bspa they will probably award it to a team that weren’t good enough to get to the final !!!

Award it to Poole :lol:

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whats the bspa? Asking for a friend!!:rofl:

Its an organisation that started as BSP(A). It's now BSP(L). As a tribute to Henry Ford who took his models from 'A' to 'T' before the public were convinced it will perhaps be rebranded next year to BSP(M). :(

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Second leg at Leicester?

Could be but I don't know when they could fit it in. Otherwise the only other option I can see is to run it at Sheffield this coming Sunday.

So Sheffield have had 30 weeks from the 7th April until the 27th October,  could run Mon/Thurs so potentially 60 days to run 21 meetings inc all cup, league, play offs, cup final and Pairs yet have run out of dates and riding meetings elsewhere ?? this includes a league match after the semi final and final of the play offs have taken place... is there any wonder speedway is on its arse and folks stop going !!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

This is getting silly now... And coming off gate 1 in red will be .....

image.jpeg.ab99ec413b3cb4b18da85e10d45bbd8b.jpeg

Little boy sits on Santa's knee and gets asked what he wants for Xmas...

"A real Dragon that flies and breathes fire" says the kid...

Santa doesnt want the boy to feel let down, so remains calm, and instead diplomatically explains that not all things are always available to be given as Xmas presents...

"If I cannot give you a  Dragon what would you like instead young man?", Santa asks...

The young lad thinks hard for a few seconds before answering..

"I love Speedway Santa so if I cannot get a Dragon as my Xmas present then I would like you to sort out British Speedway so it is ran properly, with integrity and credibility and with a fantastic marketing plan...

This time it was Santa who thought hard for a few seconds before answering...

"What colour Dragon do you want kid?"... ;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

He s my idea for next year .when the teams have been finalised and the fixtures are out at the beginning of the season let’s get all the team captains in 1 room .go through the fixtures tossing a coin to see who wins and who losers.the top 2 teams then can go into the play off final to decide  the champions.it gives the 2 promotors all season to get 2 meetings done .forget running the league cup and the pairs it could prove too much .   It’s just a thought lol

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We used a Wednesday back in 2016 so it might be possible next week.You would have to let any riders involved in the Championship Jubilee Final at Poole stay with their clubs.Lynn could book Robert Lambert as guest for Richard Lawson!

Stadium not available either Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th, there is outdoor cinema, taking place on both dates. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Stupid comment. 

Far from it - if you can't fulfil you forfeit

An approach like that may just focus a few minds in the future.......

6 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Still stupid

I agree that it is indeed stupid that a club can't fulfil its fixtures :P