British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

I'm sure it's been said before but if that was any other teams 1-7 people be picking holes in it all over the place. But being Poole's have to expect be up there. 

Not convinced roynon and Newman will "clean up" as has been suggested. 2 injury prone riders on the wane imo and some of others teams youngsters (Edwards, Pearson, maybe even hook) to improve past them. No doubt score well at home but not so sure away. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm sure it's been said before but if that was any other teams 1-7 people be picking holes in it all over the place. But being Poole's have to expect be up there. 

Not convinced roynon and Newman will "clean up" as has been suggested. 2 injury prone riders on the wane imo and some of others teams youngsters (Edwards, Pearson, maybe even hook) to improve past them. No doubt score well at home but not so sure away. 

Maybe not clean up but they should easily beat the 2 pointers and i can't see Pearson and Hook beating them on a regular basis . This is not arrogance but confidence.

• Like 2

Welcome to Poole Adam Roynon. Pirates have the best reserve pair in the league and they really should do very well against the majority of other teams 6 and 7. I have had a few good chats with Adam and he really is an approachable guy. The fans will like him a lot. Never fulfilled his early career expectations due to some horrendous injuries but if he rides to his ability we can expect 3-4 points a meeting from him. Doubt he will leave the reserve berth all season but will score. Might end up with sharing the reserve berth with Jack Thomas at the first set off GS. 

Can’t see past Poole making it a hat trick of titles. We look the best team through 1-7. While other clubs might have a better top three, they fall down in the second string or reserve berths. 

Both Worrall and Lawson will maintain their averages. The Cook brothers will definitely improve. Thomas might take a bit of time to dial in but looking at his scores last year for Oxford, he was very good until his injury. Might end up swapping with Kyle but that’s not bad news. Kyle knows the track and has a lot of experience. Should really clean up against other reserves and has the knowledge of all tracks. Can be injury prone though. And Adam might only get three rides to Kyle’s five, but will score more than Nathan last season. 

Of course injuries at any time could wreck a teams chances but if we stay fit, we really can make it three in a row.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Good to see Adam has a team place, all the best for the season Royno.

Are you taking the micky? "Royno" had agreed a deal to sign for Mark Phillips & Plymouth months ago, these things happen & sometimes come back to bite you - we shall see. 

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The only issue with having Roynon seems to be if he unfortunately got injured then there will be very few options for a guest. Obviously i sincerely hope that doesn't happen as he has had many bad injuries in his career.

I'm guessing their hoping to up his average very very quickly, he'll be getting all his rides at #7 and there won't be a heat 8 switch like Nathan experienced all last season.

The arrogance of some Poole fans is beyond  belief  , every team starts the season on or around  40 pts and it’s usually not how the promoters have picked there  sides it’s about which side has fewest injuries and if the do have riders missing then it’s down to picking the right guest . It’s a pity EddIe Kennett hasn’t recovered from his season ending injuries from last season  ???  . 
  Honestly looking forward to seeing some great matches at my home track Scunthorpe and hope all teams have success in which ever way that is and all 9 teams race again in 2024 and Workington join them in the championship to make 10 sides for 2024 . 
 We’re ever you are enjoy the racing and support Speedway or we will lose the Sport

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Welcome to Poole Adam Roynon. Pirates have the best reserve pair in the league and they really should do very well against the majority of other teams 6 and 7. I have had a few good chats with Adam and he really is an approachable guy. The fans will like him a lot. Never fulfilled his early career expectations due to some horrendous injuries but if he rides to his ability we can expect 3-4 points a meeting from him. Doubt he will leave the reserve berth all season but will score. Might end up with sharing the reserve berth with Jack Thomas at the first set off GS. 

Can’t see past Poole making it a hat trick of titles. We look the best team through 1-7. While other clubs might have a better top three, they fall down in the second string or reserve berths. 

Both Worrall and Lawson will maintain their averages. The Cook brothers will definitely improve. Thomas might take a bit of time to dial in but looking at his scores last year for Oxford, he was very good until his injury. Might end up swapping with Kyle but that’s not bad news. Kyle knows the track and has a lot of experience. Should really clean up against other reserves and has the knowledge of all tracks. Can be injury prone though. And Adam might only get three rides to Kyle’s five, but will score more than Nathan last season. 

Of course injuries at any time could wreck a teams chances but if we stay fit, we really can make it three in a row.

I hope you get more out of Roynon than Redcar did last year he was woeful!