British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

i was involved at Poole last season, found everyone at the club really welcoming and friendly, and seeing how things were done there i can see why they're winners

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Mark Lemon agreed to send a strong BV team. Poole to strengthen up ( a bit like the 'Jubilee' Final) - just awaiting confirmation of availability by certain riders.

Hopefully we will get to see Dan Bewley round Wimborne Road 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Need something to warm them up, certainly not the speedway racing 

All teams need to be supported. I feel for the club as no one wants to put out a weakened team and be whipping boys. I hope the Brum fans stick with their club during these tougher times and the club goes from strength to strength. Not turning up to support their team leads to only one outcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All teams need to be supported. I feel for the club as no one wants to put out a weakened team and be whipping boys. I hope the Brum fans stick with their club during these tougher times and the club goes from strength to strength. Not turning up to support their team leads to only one outcome.

True....but your not going to pay good money to watch them loose most weeks...Crowds are very poor each week ...As u said only one outcome..

On 1/13/2023 at 1:12 PM, Skidder1 said:

Mark Lemon agreed to send a strong BV team. Poole to strengthen up ( a bit like the 'Jubilee' Final) - just awaiting confirmation of availability by certain riders.

I'm confused, Poole fans keep bleating there was no difference in the leagues. Why would The mighty Poole need to strengthen?

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

I'm confused, Poole fans keep bleating there was no difference in the leagues. Why would The mighty Poole need to strengthen?

Pretty sure no one said that! They may have said there isn't 'much' difference. With the points limit lower and some slightly bigger names coming back in the Prem, next season will have a bigger difference than the one just gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Can't see any name calling in corfe pirate quote 

Thank's Arthur. I notice it didn't take him long to return to type and abuse you. It's ironic this is something that he regularly calls out along with bullying even when he is normally the protagonist .:rolleyes:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, corfe pirate said:

Thank's Arthur. I notice it didn't take him long to return to type and abuse you. It's ironic this is something that he regularly calls out along with bullying even when he is normally the protagonist .:rolleyes:.

The irony is I put my post knowing someone would bite and be abusive. You didn’t let me down now did you. 

11 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

The irony is I put my post knowing someone would bite and be abusive. You didn’t let me down now did you. 

If you think what I posted was abuse, feel free to report it. Maybe you should try to see the differences between word play/ banter and name calling/ abuse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1