British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf I do watch a lot of quiz shows and the masked singer (as I just like guessing games lol) 

i am more of a Father Brown, Silent Witness, Death in Paradise person 

• Like 1

Peaky Blinders and Happy Valley outstanding in my opinion. 

As for American football, having endured it on holiday... Any game that stops for adverts is a joke. I'd love to see them play either code of Rugby or Gaelic or Aussie Rules too full on for 80 mins without being able to stand watching for 80% of the game. Pansy game

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah a bit similar but just guessing who the murderer is. I used to watch midsomer murders for that reason but always the most least obvious person! 

Shakespeare and Hathaway as well

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

People still watch telly???

I think the last time i watched anything was last years Superbowl. TV shows are absolute garbage these days. 

Really? Off topic I know but TV has never been better.
Yellowstone, Tulsa King, 1923, The White Lotus, Andor, The Peripheral, Ted Lasso,  The Boys, Jack Ryan, House of the Dragon, Succession, Mayor of Kingstown, The Handmaids Tale, Outlander, list is endless of top quality TV shows. Loads more not mentioned.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yellowstone, Tulsa King, 1923, The White Lotus, Andor, The Peripheral, Ted Lasso,  The Boys, Jack Ryan, House of the Dragon, Succession, Mayor of Kingstown, The Handmaids Tale, Outlander, list is endless of top quality TV shows. Loads more not mentioned.

Are most of them on streaming services tho? because normal TV is absolutely shocking imo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But are we just talking about normal TV or streaming channels as well? I do like Alice in Borderland slightly ahead of Squid Game and all of us are dead too if we are including Netflix! Oh and The Witcher :t:

Oh and Stranger things lol. 

Edited by lisa-colette

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can't stick anything that's American! (TV)

Andor, The Peripheral, Ted Lasso, House of the Dragon, Outlander are all filmed in the U.K. or have British cast. 

Get Nightwing or Moria, or The Crew on Kodi and never pay for a single streaming subscription. Takes 5 mins with a smart tv and a Real-Debrid subscription costing a few pounds a year.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

But are we just talking about normal TV or streaming channels as well? I do like Alice in Borderland slightly ahead of Squid Game and all of us are dead too if we are including Netflix! Oh and The Witcher :t:

Oh and Stranger things lol. 

That's the last time I ever stray off subject on this Forum :D.

Can't believe I have opened Pandora's box last night just prior to Newman's announcement.

Won't make that mistake again :D

• Haha 1

I think Zach Cook must have sprouted wings mid meeting in the last round of the Aussie Champ.

Two thirds in his first 2 rides and then won 2 heats on the bounce. In the first he beat Jack Holder & Pickering, in the second he beat Brady Kurtz.

Total 8 points and won a place in the semi final. Finished last in that behind Chris Holder/Fricke & Kennedy.

Not bad for a 23 year old lad who is about to start only his 3rd season in British Speedway, and  who would have been starting in our Champ team at reserve had the team points limit not been reduced.

Also congratulations to Poole asset Jack Holder who won the overall Aussie Champ late in the meeting after Doyle dropped points unexpectedly plus Jack also won the all important final as Doyle failed to qualify. Amazing that you can win the first three rounds yet still lose out on the Champ in the final meeting. Good on Jack for staying close to him through all 4 rounds to pounce when it mattered most. I bet Doyle must be gutted.

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Zach Cook must have sprouted wings mid meeting in the last round of the Aussie Champ.

Two thirds in his first 2 rides and then won 2 heats on the bounce. In the first he beat Jack Holder & Pickering, in the second he beat Brady Kurtz.

Total 8 points and won a place in the semi final. Finished last in that behind Chris Holder/Fricke & Kennedy.

Not bad for a 23 year old lad who is about to start only his 3rd season in British Speedway, and  who would have been starting in our Champ team at reserve had the team points limit not been reduced.

Also congratulations to Poole asset Jack Holder who won the overall Aussie Champ late in the meeting after Doyle dropped points unexpectedly plus Jack also won the all important final as Doyle failed to qualify. Amazing that you can win the first three rounds yet still lose out on the Champ in the final meeting. Good on Jack for staying close to him through all 4 rounds to pounce when it mattered most. I bet Doyle must be gutted.

Keleher did alright aswell :cheers:

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Keleher did alright aswell :cheers:

Certainly did. He made the top 10 of riders who competed in all 4 rounds. In 10th place. Mind you, there were only 12 (including Michael West who I’ve not heard of) who did that. I can’t imagine why no one’s signed the near 30 year old Keleher

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Certainly did. He made the top 10 of riders who competed in all 4 rounds. In 10th place. Mind you, there were only 12 (including Michael West who I’ve not heard of) who did that. I can’t imagine why no one’s signed the near 30 year old Keleher

He's had his chance over here imo. Only Plymouth might disagree I suppose.