British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s very true and I was one of the dissenters. He won me over with his attitude and professionalism and after having a few short chats with him in the pits, he came over as a likeable guy who had time for the fans.

Feel exactly the same about him at Lynn, he is on quite a high figure in the Prem but I'd have him back for 2023. Mr Dependable.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Never thought it was a realistic option. Just if that was the line up, I'd be happy with it! ;)

We should be able to have another team that can compete with keeping the nucleus of the title winning side. If the limit is 40 we could just drop Kemp for a two pointer but that would be too big a risk in my view so we have to drop Worrall too. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Feel exactly the same about him at Lynn, he is on quite a high figure in the Prem but I'd have him back for 2023. Mr Depndable.

I was also one who was unsure about Lawson but he has all the qualities we all like as fans, I particularly like his determination to win even when it looks like a lost cause 

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can't see Hume coming back he has family in Glasgow I believe so I would think he would stay with Glasgow.

He has said his preference is too return to Glasgow.

Question is will we fit him in but I wouldn’t be against his return.

25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He has said his preference is too return to Glasgow.

Question is will we fit him in but I wouldn’t be against his return.

I think it would be a good move for Glasgow, he improved last season and has more to give, unfortunately had a bad crash that ended his season that hurt Ipswich as well as Glasgow. I would definitely welcome him back at Poole If Glasgow didn't want him. 

On 10/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, iainb said:

From PL lite... to NDL+

Oh how the mighty have fallen :D

I'm thinking maybe:

1 Ed Kennett

2 Max Clegg

3 Kyle Newman

4 James Shanes

5 Drew Kemp

6 Nathan Ablitt

7 Joe Thompson 

Ok a bit of fun from you but these are the riders who the so called stars need as well otherwise no speedway!

Kennett has served speedway very well and is due some respect!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GWC said:

Ok a bit of fun from you but these are the riders who the so called stars need as well otherwise no speedway!

Kennett has served speedway very well and is due some respect!

The Ed Kennett who got caught cheating while the captain of Coventry and received a ban, the Ed Kennett that was complicit in Plymouth cheating all season long? That Ed Kennett?

As for the rest, I agree these are the riders that keep Speedway going in this country

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, iainb said:

The Ed Kennett who got caught cheating while the captain of Coventry and received a ban, the Ed Kennett that was complicit in Plymouth cheating all season long? That Ed Kennett?

As for the rest, I agree these are the riders that keep Speedway going in this country

Always liked Kennett, used to ride Poole track very well but seems unlikely he will be back in any team. The ban was for a dodgy exhaust I seem to recall. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Always liked Kennett, used to ride Poole track very well but seems unlikely he will be back in any team. The ban was for a dodgy exhaust I seem to recall. 

Yes, a pretty decent rider when he applied himself, never fulfilled his potential really. What he did while he was Coventry captain though was pretty low! Got a 12 month ban, 6 months suspended.

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, a pretty decent rider when he applied himself, never fulfilled his potential really. What he did while he was Coventry captain though was pretty low! Got a 12 month ban, 6 months suspended.

Yes not good, blamed his pit crew I seem to recall, don't know how he thought he could get away with it. He was a pretty decent rider on his day and from a family with a big history in the sport which made it even more surprising. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

after the dodgy exhaust ban they re manufactured the exhausts to similar to what he had done but he had holes on each side blanking plates but were not aligned so you couldn’t see right through and so air would leave engine a bit quicker and help the engine breath and not overheat too much   the FIM just put the holes in line so you could see through the it so at least he helped in the redevelopment lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone out there on the Forum have any idea when the BSPA meeting is due to take place this month ??

I enjoy the name the team game each close season and knowing the new points limit will certainly help in calculating who Poole may (or not )sign).

Was slso thinking about it in respect of some of the Aussies coming through (if they can get work Visa's). The idea of joining on a 4 (or a 5 if they have ridden in the POL U24 or POL Nice 1/2 Leagues) may find some attraction in UK.

I mean this in respect of a 32 match minimum league season in Champ plus a min of 2 up to  maybe 4/6 play off matches. Factor in also possible doubling up with a Prem Lge team  for more promising youngsters such as say my personal favourite,  Keynan Rew, could make it a busy and worthwhile season for these guys showing promise. Getting lots of experience on our mainly smaller tracks with their usual mainly Sunday appearances on POL tracks. 

17 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Does anyone out there on the Forum have any idea when the BSPA meeting is due to take place this month ??

I enjoy the name the team game each close season and knowing the new points limit will certainly help in calculating who Poole may (or not )sign).

Was slso thinking about it in respect of some of the Aussies coming through (if they can get work Visa's). The idea of joining on a 4 (or a 5 if they have ridden in the POL U24 or POL Nice 1/2 Leagues) may find some attraction in UK.

I mean this in respect of a 32 match minimum league season in Champ plus a min of 2 up to  maybe 4/6 play off matches. Factor in also possible doubling up with a Prem Lge team  for more promising youngsters such as say my personal favourite,  Keynan Rew, could make it a busy and worthwhile season for these guys showing promise. Getting lots of experience on our mainly smaller tracks with their usual mainly Sunday appearances on POL tracks. 

AGM is next week. BTW I was told Rew was a shoe in in 2021?!  Not sure what type of Visa he has?

Edited by Skidder1

17 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

40 points limit :t: