British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

55 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Ben Cook 8 and Zach Cook 5 in the 1st round of the Australian championship. Meeting won by Jason Doyle with Jack Holder 2nd Max Fricke 3rd and Justin Sedgman 4th

Decent start considering I believe Ben's first meeting as his equipment arrived back late from UK. Also believe only Zach's second meeting I (think). Especially considering the quality of a large part of the field.

Kurtz 8 points - Masters 8 points - Pickering 6 - Pearson 3 - Keleher 3.

I think these meetings as far as the Cook's are concerned should be viewed as an important way to build up fitness and get some racing in ahead of the UK season starting March. You would expect top riders such as Doyle - both Holder's - Fricke - Tungate - Kurtz to beat them considering they have all raced at top level in Poland. Also masters is a 10 plus top H/L in UK in Champ.Plus most of them have done a good few meetings in Aussie  recently.

Sedgman is scoring really well in most meetings during this close season in Aussie but has done in in previous years. Doesn't seem to perform to the same level when racing in UK. Similar with Tungate.

The important thing for the Cook's is to avoid the kind of accidents that KO both Rew and Zischke and ruled both out until at least European meetings start.

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Decent start considering I believe Ben's first meeting as his equipment arrived back late from UK. Also believe only Zach's second meeting I (think). Especially considering the quality of a large part of the field.

Kurtz 8 points - Masters 8 points - Pickering 6 - Pearson 3 - Keleher 3.

I think these meetings as far as the Cook's are concerned should be viewed as an important way to build up fitness and get some racing in ahead of the UK season starting March. You would expect top riders such as Doyle - both Holder's - Fricke - Tungate - Kurtz to beat them considering they have all raced at top level in Poland. Also masters is a 10 plus top H/L in UK in Champ.Plus most of them have done a good few meetings in Aussie  recently.

Sedgman is scoring really well in most meetings during this close season in Aussie but has done in in previous years. Doesn't seem to perform to the same level when racing in UK. Similar with Tungate.

The important thing for the Cook's is to avoid the kind of accidents that KO both Rew and Zischke and ruled both out until at least European meetings start.

I'm glad you agree that was a quality lineup, unlike some 

Still find it intriguing that Poole (2 riders) - Plymouth 1 - Birm 1 still have to announce reserve signings on 4.?? or less when all other riders have signed for the 9 teams in Champ.

I know Poole are announcing the team in reverse order and the expectations are probably Newman & Roynon but it is interesting that these 3 teams are still to announce.

Makes you wonder if some wheeling & dealing going on as we know plenty of Plymouth fans would fancy getting Roynon due to how he can perform at Plym plus Tue raceday which would complement his Video commentary commitments he did last season.

I know we probably have Roynan but it does make you think - UNLESS both Plym & Bhm are viewing the Aussie Champ performances for riders on a 4. Even Poole went down that route I believe when they first signed the Cook's when looking at close season Aussie riders performances and recommendations.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I wouldn't call Doyle, both the Holders, Fricke, Sedgman, Tungate, Kurtz, Masters, Pickering poor opposition would you 

Why do people respond to this berk,{Trackprat} clearly he is very clueless.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ben Cook (2,2,2,0,2)only missed out on a semi final place to Masters (1,3,0,2,2) due to Sam's one heat win! Not bad in that level of competition.

both Cooks only really beat Keleher Bowes Pearson west Mcguiness who you would expect them to beat Ben did Pickering thou 

• Like 1

After all the mud slinging last season when Steve Lawson jumped ship after initially agreeing to sign for Plymouth you might have thought lessons would have been learnt!   

Not so it would appear, if rumours are true it look's like the same thing has happened this time with Adam Roynon, shame on you Adam & Poole. We await all the excuses but facts are facts.

32 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

After all the mud slinging last season when Steve Lawson jumped ship after initially agreeing to sign for Plymouth you might have thought lessons would have been learnt!   

Not so it would appear, if rumours are true it look's like the same thing has happened this time with Adam Roynon, shame on you Adam & Poole. We await all the excuses but facts are facts.

Who is Steve Lawson? 

I haven't heard this rumour that Roynon had signed for Plymouth.

Edited by foreverblue