British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

41 minutes ago, HGould said:

Huge hype and therefore expectation on a heat leader on a 6.09 average, and a brothers who's spell at reserve left him on 4.92, having struggled as a second string.

Especially with a superb heat leader in Danny King missing. 

Can't see Cooks averaging more than 7 and 5 respectively. 

If Lawson or Worrall have anything like an off night someone will wollop Poole

Will need Jack Thomas to stay injury free and claim 3rd heat leader spot,which he's very capable of doing. 

If Ben can continue were he left off last season, i think he will certainly slot into the 3rd heat leader position, and i think Zack will definitely move forward, with them both riding in the premiership next season, that has got to work in Pooles favour 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HGould said:

Huge hype and therefore expectation on a heat leader on a 6.09 average, and a brothers who's spell at reserve left him on 4.92, having struggled as a second string.

Especially with a superb heat leader in Danny King missing. 

Can't see Cooks averaging more than 7 and 5 respectively. 

If Lawson or Worrall have anything like an off night someone will wollop Poole

Will need Jack Thomas to stay injury free and claim 3rd heat leader spot,which he's very capable of doing. 

Ben is easily capable of staying as third heat leader, his 6 point average is false as he had a bad start to the season, I appreciate it will be tougher and a step up but some of his performances later in the season were so good that I believe he is easily capable of moving up. 

With Ben and Zach if you look at the races they rode together last year they were fantastic. A lot of 5-1s and some were in huge pressure situations. They certainly bring the best out of each other when at the tapes together. 

There are only a few team's that have a better 3rd heatleader than Ben Cook but im not sure there are any teams with a better 4 than Zach. In a weaker league than it was last year both will put a point on there average if injury free. 

Don't forget Ben Cook was riding like a number 1 come the end of the season, home and away he was top top class when the business end of the season came

• Like 3

Zach Cook got his 4.92 average mostly in the main body of the team. It was August before he dropped to reserve, he only rode one league fixture at reserve. At reserve he was sensational averaging 7.61, 8.59 including bonus point at home, away 6.13, 7.07 inc bonus.

I'd be confident he'll add at least a point on his starting average. Not so much your rumoured reserves in the twilight of their careers

2 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

With Ben and Zach if you look at the races they rode together last year they were fantastic. A lot of 5-1s and some were in huge pressure situations. They certainly bring the best out of each other when at the tapes together. 

There are only a few team's that have a better 3rd heatleader than Ben Cook but im not sure there are any teams with a better 4 than Zach. In a weaker league than it was last year both will put a point on there average if injury free. 

Don't forget Ben Cook was riding like a number 1 come the end of the season, home and away he was top top class when the business end of the season came

I think Ben Cook will be pushing Worrall in the averages next season.Lawson very clever rider happy to come 2nd so his average is not to high gives him more scope for guest bookings but I may be wrong am I ?

Edited by Essex
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lewy said:

And there it is a Poole fan personified :t:. Fortunately you're not not all like this lisa,foreverblue and co are ok.

Well some of us know the real reason for why we sacked him, so I'll stand by my comment.

If he was so wonderful for Plymouth why haven't you (or anyone else) signed him since?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Gary signed him in 2021!

Matt and Garry reached agreement before Keleher knew he was sacked being transferred!!

Not quite sure why this is on Poole 2023, but Lewy keeps coming on.

Merry Christmas to all posters. Some, like me, clearly have to get more of a life on Christmas Day!!:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:01 PM, foreverblue said:

Ben is easily capable of staying as third heat leader, his 6 point average is false as he had a bad start to the season, I appreciate it will be tougher and a step up but some of his performances later in the season were so good that I believe he is easily capable of moving up. 

Only the last 10 league matches count for a riders average, so a bad start to the season doesn't effect his average.

There's a real mixed bad of 3rd heat leaders this year, so is Cook is 3rd heat leader quality?

Lewis Kerr, Ben Barker & Charles Wright look the strongest. After that they are similar standards: Leon Flint, Kye Thomson, Tom Brennan, Ben Cook & Jake Allen. With only James Wright far weaker imo

So it appears Cook is on a par with the majority of 3rd heat leaders after all.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

There's a real mixed bad of 3rd heat leaders this year, so is Cook is 3rd heat leader quality?

Lewis Kerr, Ben Barker & Charles Wright look the strongest. After that they are similar standards: Leon Flint, Kye Thomson, Tom Brennan, Ben Cook & Jake Allen. With only James Wright far weaker imo

So it appears Cook is on a par with the majority of 3rd heat leaders after all.

Most of those have already had a season or a number of seasons as a HL, whereas this will be Ben's first year doing it. 

Looking at the other teams, I seriously can’t see past us making it a hat trick of titles, injury dodging accepted. Think we are just going to be too strong again, though it could be tougher than this year. Experience at the top, the Cooks very likely to improve, Jack Thomas on a bargain average, and our experienced reserves who should see off the majority of their opposition fairly easily. Backed up by management who are very good at getting the best out of the riders. 

Happy New Year to all Pirates fans. I believe another successful season awaits. Is there another club in this league capable of giving us a proper challenge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1