British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Would Poole really sign a rider who averaged 2.5 points a match less than James Pearson in Poland last season (and is older)?

James is 16 going 17, and will be better than either of the Cook brothers will ever be by the time he is 18 (how old are the Cook brother btw). He could be as good as any current Aussie under 20 by the time he reaches that age. 

McGuiness is gaining a lot of experience in Europe and would do a solid job.

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

James is 16 going 17, and will be better than either of the Cook brothers will ever be by the time he is 18 (how old are the Cook brother btw). He could be as good as any current Aussie under 20 by the time he reaches that age. 

Ben Cook rode like a No1 in the playoffs. Pearson struggles to beat a 2 pointer at Poole. (Can only base my opinion on what I have seen!) Think you are overselling him but we will see! 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ben Cook rode like a No1 in the playoffs. Pearson struggles to beat a 2 pointer at Poole. (Can only base my opinion on what I have seen!) Think you are overselling him but we will see! 

Like I said, lets see who the better rider is when Pearson is 20.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Pearson is 17, Ben Cook is 25, Zach is 23. If he is to be better than either Cook by the time he is 18 he hasn't got long to prove it. He seems to be doing well in the Australian Championships but how he will progress who knows . Quite happy for the Cooks to be at Poole for however long they want to be.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Back to Poole, if Roynon is off to Plymouth and taking Skidder's suggestion into account we could have Max Clegg? (haven't seen him announced anywhere!), Connor Bailey and Josh MacDonald.

I'd almost forgotten about Connor and Max. I have a feeling that Connor could end up being the 7th rider at Brum. His average would fit.

14 hours ago, HGould said:

I'll trump that for Lisa's benefit. 

How about Brayden McGuiness. Fits the Poole profile

Brayden did have some after-meeting laps around Poole this season!!

I mentioned Josh MacDonald as some else suggested it could be a 'returning' Aussie!  Not sure a few practice laps qualifies as 'returning'?

4 hours ago, HGould said:

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Like I said, lets see who the better rider is when Pearson is 20.

18 or 20....which one ? :D sorry, I'm just teasing...bored at work ATM ! LOL

Up the Brummies!

Looking forward to seeing Pearson develop this season!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HGould said:

McGuiness is 22, the Cook's are 23 and 25.

Pearson is clearly the better prospect.