British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

22 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Kyle Newman back to Poole. To fill senior reserve spot.

Great! Nothing massively exciting about the Poole team in 2023. Will do fine but nothing that makes you think wow!

I will never forget 2017 when Kyle decided to ride against us for Swindon in PO semi final. 

Glasgow are the stand our team, a very exciting team for the fans to watch on the terraces. They will be seeing a lot of over taking and riders on the boards, great entertainment for the supporters.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 3

Is that definite? For me that’s not great I thought I read he might not even be fit for the start of the season.I would like to go on record to thank Poole for giving the rest of the teams a chance because unless your other signings are going to be wonderful signings on low averages which you have managed to do in the past and fair play for that, your team by Poole standards is going to be bang average.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He's not so young or hungry or any good anymore, his current average in the CL is lower than it was in the top league then. He does occasionally pull out all the stops but not very often. 

Though he wouldn't be top 2 like he was for Oxford. Third HL means 7 ish points is okay. 

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

I'm amazed  that Poole fans wouldn't want Newman on that average. Bound to improve by at least a point in my opinion, & tries 100% every time he is on track.

If it is Newman, you can imagine the amount of points he would rack up against many/most of the other teams reserves. At home I doubt many would beat him and also away he would do well.

Could well see him swapping the 6 slot with the likes of Zach Cook and the likes of Thomas IF he is one of the signings. Also look at the majority of pairings at reserve for all the other teams on the Championship 2023 team forum page 1 to give you an indication of the riders he would be up against. Could well be a big points puller if with Roynon as the other reserve who will also be racing against plenty of 2 pointers.

This could well be an area we more than compensate for not having an out and out recognised 3rd H/L. IF Ben Cook does improve further into that position then it could be a big bonus in both areas.