British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

22 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Ok fair enough, as you can probably tell I am not Steve Worralls biggest fan, don't really know why but when interviewed comes over as quite arrogant. 

Steve will be joining us at our Christmas market stall in Poole Dolphin Shopping Centre from 11:00-12:30 on Tue (20th) to sign autographs, take photos and have a chat

Pop down to the Dolphin Centre next Tuesday and have a chat with him. I'm sure that will allay your concerns.

• Like 3

Poole have a tradition of signing riders that excite their supporters and confound their opponents but none of the names being bandied about as the last three will do that. Worrall, Lawson and the Cook brothers are definites but none of the other names like Complin, Roynon or, heaven forfend, Manzares excite me. My view is we’ve seen the best of all three and it’s surely the modern Poole way to sign middle order and reserve riders that will improve. 

Or maybe with Matt concentrating on his business in France, he’s lost the magic touch? Surely not 

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Poole have a tradition of signing riders that excite their supporters and confound their opponents but none of the names being bandied about as the last three will do that. Worrall, Lawson and the Cook brothers are definites but none of the other names like Complin, Roynon or, heaven forfend, Manzares excite me. My view is we’ve seen the best of all three and it’s surely the modern Poole way to sign middle order and reserve riders that will improve. 

Or maybe with Matt concentrating on his business in France, he’s lost the magic touch? Surely not 

He didn't lose the magic touch in the past 2 seasons.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Won't be Complin 

58 minutes ago, ray c said:

unless we sign a young aussie to set the place alight cant see anything magical about the riders who are being mentioned for last three places .may not be so easy for us next time around 

Can't win it every year. Surely it will be someone else's turn next year, otherwise we might get banished to the Prem. :o:D

Edit - although you would be in favour of that! ;)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m looking forward, not back. What is it they say? Past performance is no indication of future results?

But its Poole's past performances that gee up all the other clubs and stimulate all their aspirations.

Incidentally what makes you think Matt isn't looking forward, as if he's going to be in France forever?!;)

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

But its Poole's past performances that gee up all the other clubs and stimulate all their aspirations.

Incidentally what makes you think Matt isn't looking forward, as if he's going to be in France forever?!;)

I am aware of Matt’s longer term ambitions….

UPDATE - I see Complin has signed for Glasgow. That’s one out the way!

Edited by Wee Eck

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't win it every year. Surely it will be someone else's turn next year, otherwise we might get banished to the Prem. :o:D

Edit - although you would be in favour of that! ;)

Hope so :t:thats of course we will agree terms with stadia uk for the rent big stumbling block .who knows 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Was never seriously rumoured with Poole though and prob too far south for him. 

Complins name only came up because his average suited numbers game. A bit like some of the other names mentioned. How about Ablitt(2.00) plus 2 riders over 4.92 to get under 12.97 and keep Zach at reserve?;) Dan Thompson (5.09) and Paul Starke (5.11)??

Edited by Skidder1

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Complins name only came up because his average suited numbers game. A bit like some of the other names mentioned. How about Ablitt(2.00) plus 2 riders over 4.92 to get under 12.97 and keep Zach at reserve?;) Dan Thompson (5.09) and Paul Starke (5.11)??

The British Speedway podcast seems to be sure Dan hasn't got a team and i'm sure at least one of them knows what the Poole team is. So going to assume Dan isn't in the team. 

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised by either. It was Complin, Roynon and Manzares’ names that I thought weren’t right for Poole. Roynon will do a job for someone I’m sure but I don’t think Poole is his sort of track. Or team. If I recall, he also has history with Richard Lawson. And, in my view, Manzares has been away too long. Was his last season in UK 2018 with Scunthorpe? I suspect there are plenty of Brits out there that will do as good a job.