British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have asked Steve W a few questions after a meeting and he has been very chatty and friendly and no way aloof. Perhaps before a meeting he has his serious head on and can come across as studious, but I have found him very approachable once the races are run.

Ok Steve, thanks for that, looks like i have misjudged him. I haven't spoken to him myself.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok Steve, thanks for that, looks like i have misjudged him. I haven't spoken to him myself.

Dear foreverblue, Steve has joined us at the after meeting Press Conference on several occasions over the past two seasons and has proved to be good company freely offering his take on the nights action in an engaging, knowledgeable and witty way.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

Dear foreverblue, Steve has joined us at the after meeting Press Conference on several occasions over the past two seasons and has proved to be good company freely offering his take on the nights action in an engaging, knowledgeable and witty way.

Yes I have been there on some of those occasions and sometimes found his way to be a little arrogant but It is probably just his way and my interpretation of it. He is a completely different character to Danny King. 

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Ok fair enough, as you can probably tell I am not Steve Worralls biggest fan, don't really know why but when interviewed comes over as quite arrogant. 

I interviewed Stevie many times for GRT Media DVD's, both when he was a Diamond and when he rode for other tracks and he always came across as pleasant and in no way arrogant.  Even when off camera he would always speak, unlike some riders.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Spoke to Stevie Worrall both at speedway tracks and in his own time, never met a nicer man, very chilled person and always has a fun time with his life, very nice person. I have noticed in the past when he's getting interviewed in front of the fans, he does give some strange answers which may come off or appear as slightly arrogant. I'm not sure if he's doing it for comical effect or maybe he gets nervous talking on front of 1000s of people. Personally though, behind closed doors, he's a lovely bloke, from what I know of him (slight family friend and obviously know him and a few members of his family from when he was at Newcastle/Scunthorpe

If Newcastle still existed, I wouldn't want him in my team, but he's still a great bloke.

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, yes! Also had fun on the KL thread about KK signing. Just ask @Bagpuss !! lol. Karma come to get me! :o:o

As long as people know I'm just having a laugh with it and not being mean then it's all good! :t:

Kasprzak is going to rip the Premiership up, you'll see :wink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Would work with keeping Nathan Ablitt at 7. 

Can't see it happening.

We have 12.97 left for 3 riders. Batch would tie up 7.29 leaving us only 5.68 - Take 2 for Ablitt only leaves 3.68. Look at the last GSA sheets and looks who is left. Would give you 2 weak reserves.

My money will be on strength in depth with what will look like strongish reserves who will sweep up lots of points against a lot of the other reserves in my opinion and not put us on the back foot from heat 2.

Now we have only 2 proven H/L (if Lawson added to Worrall) it makes sense that we go for more points over the other teams reserves. Especially the 2 pointers.

I think a number of us have a good idea who the last 3 will be. If you assume for example no 2 pointer in our team then you can kind of work it out from the final GSA sheet by taking 2 x 4 point plus riders and 1 x 3 point plus  rider from those not yet announced. (Don't forget to discount the 2.5% for all 3 riders as think they will all be Brits).