British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Steve Worrall should be captain, in my opinion Lawson should be , he has a lower average than Worrall  but Lawson is the better rider and definitely the better team rider.

A lot of pressure being captain though. Lawson may not want to do it. Not everyone does

However Steve is having his testimonial at Poole next season.

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/2022-12-14-STEVE-STAYS

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

A lot of pressure being captain though. Lawson may not want to do it. Not everyone does

However Steve is having his testimonial at Poole next season.

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/2022-12-14-STEVE-STAYS

Not sure why he deserves a testimonial, he has only been a Poole rider for a couple of seasons.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Steve Worrall should be captain, in my opinion Lawson should be , he has a lower average than Worrall  but Lawson is the better rider and definitely the better team rider.

Its not just on track though. Imo Steve is much better in the pits with the team than Richard.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That is not my opinion , I also think Richard is better with the fans. 

I think Richard just likes to concentrate on himself. Could be wrong but don't recollect him captaining any team. Spud was the captain when Richard was at Glasgow, think kerr was during their time at Eastbourne and don't think he was at Redcar or Workington either (happy to be corrected)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That is not my opinion , I also think Richard is better with the fans. 

Richard by his own admission in his Piratecast interview is always last to arrive at the track, often missing the team track walk and then only having time to sort his bikes out before the meeting starts. All the riders have a part to play in getting a good team spirit.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Richard by his own admission in his Piratecast interview is always last to arrive at the track, often missing the team track walk and then only having time to sort his bikes out before the meeting starts. All the riders have a part to play in getting a good team spirit.

Ok fair enough, as you can probably tell I am not Steve Worralls biggest fan, don't really know why but when interviewed comes over as quite arrogant. 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok fair enough, as you can probably tell I am not Steve Worralls biggest fan, don't really know why but when interviewed comes over as quite arrogant. 

Really? Can't say I have ever picked up on that myself.  BK was way worse imo but seems to have grown up a bit now. 

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That's refreshing,a Poole fan who's mot constantly blowing smoke up the promotions arse. Good on you mate :t:

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

When his brother rode for us and I know it is banter really but he always seemed to put Richie down which I thought was arrogant and  wasn't particularly nice 

I've heard banter on both sides, that's twin brothers for you 

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That explains it, good mates with Matt, Danny King never stood a chance of being retained over Steve Worrall.

Matt stated 2 years ago that he'd always wanted to work with Steve. Having the brother in laws wedding at the Chateau probably helped too.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

When his brother rode for us and I know it is banter really but he always seemed to put Richie down which I thought was arrogant and  wasn't particularly nice 

Okay, fair enough.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That explains it, good mates with Matt, Danny King never stood a chance of being retained over Steve Worrall.

Prob not. I think Steve is always first name on the teamsheet. As I have said before only way Steve was leaving is if he decided to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I have asked Steve W a few questions after a meeting and he has been very chatty and friendly and no way aloof. Perhaps before a meeting he has his serious head on and can come across as studious, but I have found him very approachable once the races are run.

• Like 4