British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes well we know it isn't Steve, Lawson, Ben, Zach, Thomas, Newman and Roynon. As a couple of people have said that is wrong. Plus according to a Redcar fan Kyle said he wouldn't be fit for start of the season. So must be someone else. 

Yeah, definitely not Steve Lawson……..lol

Going off the 'aussie ex-pirate in for shock recall' thing. Batch rode for Poole in 2007! 

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Z.Cook 4.92

3. Batch 7.29

4. B.Cook 6.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Roynon 3.47

7. Ablitt 2.00 (just to keep @foreverblue happy!)

Keeps Ben Cook as SS so that can't be a bad thing. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Going off the 'aussie ex-pirate in for shock recall' thing. Batch rode for Poole in 2007! 

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Z.Cook 4.92

3. Batch 7.29

4. B.Cook 6.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Roynon 3.47

Honestly, personalities and personal gripes aside, that team is VERY strong

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Z.Cook 4.92

3. Batch 7.29

4. B.Cook 6.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Roynon 3.47

Not Batch or Rynon thanks awful signings. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

No.

Edinburgh, Plymouth and Poole are the only possible landing spots.

Surely he's at Poole?

Yeah maybe. So....

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Zach 4.92

3. Ben 6.09

4. Dan Thompson 5.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Jack Thomas 4.78

7. Ablitt 2.00

So 1.10 under. But I guess you don't have to use up all the points! 

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah maybe. So....

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Zach 4.92

3. Ben 6.09

4. Dan Thompson 5.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Jack Thomas 4.78

7. Ablitt 2.00

IF Poole are not signing any of the 2 Aussies (Rew or Zischke), then I think they would aim at maximising points by going

Thomas 4.78

Newman 4.29

Roynan 3.47

= 12.54 of the 12.97 we had left after the obvious 4 expected signing. Gives a stronger reserve pairing.

Just my opinion.

For those not aware the Aussie Champ one of meeting final for 22 was today and report is on the below.

https://speedwaynews.pl/zuzel/fricke-broni-mistrzostwo-kapitalna-forma-zuzlowca/

Decent meeting for both Rew & Zischke. I know I keep banging on about both but more in hope than expectation. Noises being made on Glasgow Forum about maybe Zischke to them.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah maybe. So....

1. Worrall 8.05

2. Zach 4.92

3. Ben 6.09

4. Dan Thompson 5.09

5. Lawson 7.97

6. Jack Thomas 4.78

7. Ablitt 2.00

That's what I think.

Just no way Dan Thompson would be left without a team spot imo. He's not going to Edinburgh apparently so it's a 50/50 coin flip between Plymouth and Poole.

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

That's what I think.

Just no way Dan Thompson would be left without a team spot imo. He's not going to Edinburgh apparently so it's a 50/50 coin flip between Plymouth and Poole.

A colleague who is normally well in the know on things Poole just reminded me of comments made on the Leicester website on the press release when they announced Thompson only a couple of days ago when they signed him for the Prem. The below is what was quoted.

Obviously it would have been ideal if he’d found a Championship team, but hopefully that door will open for him as the season progresses.

“He has nothing to prove to me, but if he can show the form that I know he can then I’m sure he will be an option for any teams who don’t start as well as they are expecting.”

I can't believe that Poole do not already know their team, as can't believe they would have gone in only in the last couple of days to sign him. That's in my opinion. It would also mean they would have had to sort out the last 2 slots in the same period due to the reduced av to play around with.

No doubt we will find out in the near future.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A colleague who is normally well in the know on things Poole just reminded me of comments made on the Leicester website on the press release when they announced Thompson only a couple of days ago when they signed him for the Prem. The below is what was quoted.

Obviously it would have been ideal if he’d found a Championship team, but hopefully that door will open for him as the season progresses.

“He has nothing to prove to me, but if he can show the form that I know he can then I’m sure he will be an option for any teams who don’t start as well as they are expecting.”

I can't believe that Poole do not already know their team, as can't believe they would have gone in only in the last couple of days to sign him. That's in my opinion. It would also mean they would have had to sort out the last 2 slots in the same period due to the reduced av to play around with.

Shocked at that tbh.

Championship teams clearly don't rate him then considering nobody has made him an offer. Would've though he'd get snapped by someone like Birmingham in place of James Wright.

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yeah not sure why the massive delay as there is no Bournemouth football news, so would be the ideal time for the local paper to do announcements. Makes me think some plans have changed. Maybe similar to what Redcar had when riders changed their minds.? 

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Shocked at that tbh.

Championship teams clearly don't rate him then considering nobody has made him an offer. Would've though he'd get snapped by someone like Birmingham in place of James Wright.

Has to be the average. Him and Drew slightly over 5. Though happily see Dan in the team but not my decision! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

These comments are from Rob Godfrey when Scunthorpe signed Joe T 

“With Leicester moving up, we’ve gone for Joe. We wouldn’t have minded having Dan in our side as well. But I think it will help them riding for different tracks."

So sounds like Dan T must have another club or why would he turn Scunny down?

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Has to be the average. Him and Drew slightly over 5. Though happily see Dan in the team but not my decision! 

There are a good few still not named in teams. Both the above plus Rowe/Ruml/Nicol/Starke/Morris/Bailey/Morley/Newman in that 4 to 5 range.

Okay some may find slots as last places announced but get the feeling some may start season without clubs. Suppose the price of one less club so 7 more riders become available over less teams plus the points reduction meaning its a scramble to fit in meaning more NDL riders out in to squeeze into the new limit.

Scunthorpe will probably announce Duglas & Allen as their last 2 so the slots available shrink even more.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

These comments are from Rob Godfrey when Scunthorpe signed Joe T 

“With Leicester moving up, we’ve gone for Joe. We wouldn’t have minded having Dan in our side as well. But I think it will help them riding for different tracks."

So sounds like Dan T must have another club or why would he turn Scunny down?

Nope if you read the press release of 7th December, it was Stewart Dickson who clearly refers to Dan as its an article about Dan signing for the Prem Team.

I've read it again to make sure it wasn't me making a mistake.

46 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Nope if you read the press release of 7th December, it was Stewart Dickson who clearly refers to Dan as its an article about Dan signing for the Prem Team.

I've read it again to make sure it wasn't me making a mistake.

2 people are allowed to say things you know…