British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Must admit disturbed by what I am reading on the press  release on Speedway news.PL about Rew and signing for Ipswich (released today).

The Australian was looking for a suitable job after the season in the Danish league. According to unofficial information, he will also be targeting a backroom contract - the SGB Championship

The article more worrying goes on to say:

it is very possible that the Australian will try to get involved in the Championship. Finally, the 19-year-old wants to use his starts in Britain to develop his skills. Rumors speak of an engagement in the northern part of Great Britain, most likely Scotland.

Please nooooooooo..........

Maybe his good friend Doyle didn't bury the hatchet with Poole :(.

I do hope i'm wrong. The article did use the word RUMOR so maybe the correspondent has not been looking in on the Poole Forum ;)

Doyle can't have any issues with Poole anymore as he rode in Middlo's testimonial. 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I take it this is Matt & Danny's preferred 1-7.

Looks brilliant imo.

1. Steve Worrall 8.05

2. Zach Cook 4.92

3. Ben Cook 6.09

4. Keynan Rew 5.00

5. Richard Lawson 7.96

6. Tate Zischke 4.00

7. 3.98

I think Matt/Danny's preferred 1-7 would have Zach (4.92) at reserve - although they also said that may be unrealistic.

As for Rew, he is going to be based in Leszno Poland and therefore flying in for any UK meetings. Ippo with Doyley makes sense being close to Stanstead as would any track close to a decent airport and flights - but he will still need machinery, transport, mechanic and workshop facility wherever else he goes.

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As for Rew, he is going to be based in Leszno Poland and therefore flying in for any UK meetings. Ippo with Doyley makes sense being close to Stanstead as would any track close to a decent airport and flights - but he will still need machinery, transport, mechanic and workshop facility wherever else he goes.

So Glasgow could meet Rew's requirements.

50 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Does that mean Edinburgh tried and failed?

Didn’t try this year, but we have the last couple of years as we’ve had an interest since he was 16 but he didn’t have an interest in doing the UK at the time. Cracking rider who’ll do well though.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Matt/Danny's preferred 1-7 would have Zach (4.92) at reserve - although they also said that may be unrealistic.

Is that known Skidder ??

I know on a youtube video some time ago he said he was living in Leszno but that's because he was riding in Leszno U24 team all season (all midwwek matches) with some guest appearances at 8 for the EXL Team. Plus he was riding some Sundays for Krosno who he was partially loaned to. Also some DK meetings when not clashing with the U24 team.

Next season he will be loaned full time to Gdansk (Mainly Sundays), with no U24 league.

In effect on a regular basis MON Prem/Tue odd meetings at Plym/Wed poss Poole ??/Thur Ippo/Fri the Northern Champ tracks and Sun POL.

Could he maybe base himself in UK if doubling up and then back to his POL base for the weekend meetings.

Just a thought.

18 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

It has already been quoted on the Ipswich thread that Rew will be based in Poland next yr and will fly in and out when he rides in the UK 

Apologies  (Also to Skidder) - Just found it on IPS full press release.

Going to be a busy boy then in and out every week.

He could well on a busy week over our 2 leagues ride Mon Prem/Tues (Plym)/Wed (Poole ?/) /Thur (Ippo) and Friday (northern Champ). I assume he will stay in UK on weeks where he has several meetings in a week here.

He is young and hopefully will cope with all the travelling & racing.

Logistically the Ipswich move for Rew and mentoring by Doyle makes sense. 

If he's going to be based in Poland it suggests that the Poles would want him to spend majority of his time there. 

Polish speedway clubs are on a different level of professionalism and preparation to UK clubs, that's irrefutable. 

With more Polish fixtures on Fridays and Saturdays, they may want him in Poland at that time. 

Be interesting to see how it pans out.