British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

interesting that Oxford have signed Masters/Nicholls & Kerr as their top 3 for 2023.

Look a bit exposed maybe at botton half with Heeps/Jenkins/Atkins and Aussie youngster Killeen 17 who rode in their NDL squad but shows promise. 

Only mention it on here as kind of shows you what happens when you go for a strong top 3. 

Will be interesting to see how we line up in comparison at Poole.

9 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

interesting that Oxford have signed Masters/Nicholls & Kerr as their top 3 for 2023.

Look a bit exposed maybe at botton half with Heeps/Jenkins/Atkins and Aussie youngster Killeen 17 who rode in their NDL squad but shows promise. 

Only mention it on here as kind of shows you what happens when you go for a strong top 3. 

Will be interesting to see how we line up in comparison at Poole.

Is Kerr that strong ? 

13 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Is Kerr that strong ? 

Well the GSA av don't lie and he is 7.92 before the 2.5% Brit reduction. That is not a bad top 3, and with a proven 10.58 man to lead them you are going to get plenty of points out of them. just a question of whether they have enough at the bottom ??.

I think on many a day those bottom 4 could struggle to get 10 between them but that's just my opinion.

Anyway as i said only posted it on here to express a view of I wonder which direction Poole will take. personally I think they will go for more strength in depth.

11 hours ago, Essex said:

Assuming your right and people on here from what I have read seem to think you know someone with insider knowledge then  we will ditch one of the big 3 and Kemp.It won't be long before we have nearly the Australian test team representing Poole so if I'm to believe what's been said then 2024 our re entry to the top league could be not far short of the Australian test team Holder x 2,Kurtz,2 Cooks,these 2 new Aussies,no better stop now the Stella is kicking in.

Sure it’s not Castlemaine xxxx you’re drinking?……..…….lol

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Were Poole not giving after meeting rides to Brayden McGuiness late in the season ? Wondering if he was looking for/being considered for a spot. 

He had one after meeting spin at Poole whilst staying in Devon on a short break in the UK between Danish meetings.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nathan Ablitt posted on FB that 'he's still waiting for his phone to ring'!?

Thought Danny Ford in his Echo write up said had already had conversations with all the riders before the delayed play off final to inform them who would/wouldn't  not be coming back in 2023.

If Ablitt waiting for the phone to ring it indicates he was told he is not in current team plans.

Will be interesting if Danny gets his so called "Dream Team" as he puts it or end up with his back up plan B or C.

56 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thought Danny Ford in his Echo write up said had already had conversations with all the riders before the delayed play off final to inform them who would/wouldn't  not be coming back in 2023.

If Ablitt waiting for the phone to ring it indicates he was told he is not in current team plans.

Will be interesting if Danny gets his so called "Dream Team" as he puts it or end up with his back up plan B or C.

Usually if a rider is not going to be used his name is circulated to other clubs but he may be in one of Danny's/Matt's optional line-ups. 

As in every year it'll come down to the numbers game and which riders can hold or improve their averages!

Edited by Skidder1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Usually if a rider is not going to be used his name is circulated to other clubs but he may be in one of Danny's/Matt's optional line-ups. 

As in every year it'll come down to the numbers game and which riders can hold or improve their averages!

That would be a shame in my view, i thought Nathan did a reasonable job considering his position in the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

That would be a shame in my view, i thought Nathan did a reasonable job considering his position in the team.

I think the majority of Poole fans would agree but if the 2023 team is being built differently - bearing in mind the new 40 point limit - then changes are inevitable.