British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Two new Aussies.

Assuming your right and people on here from what I have read seem to think you know someone with insider knowledge then  we will ditch one of the big 3 and Kemp.It won't be long before we have nearly the Australian test team representing Poole so if I'm to believe what's been said then 2024 our re entry to the top league could be not far short of the Australian test team Holder x 2,Kurtz,2 Cooks,these 2 new Aussies,no better stop now the Stella is kicking in.

7 hours ago, lewy said:

He's realised he isn't as good as he thought he was.

Disagree 100% with the proper people around him he can be very successful as I've seen him 1st hand at meetings & he takes everything serious etc he writes down on the day of a meeting on how the track temperature etc is & tries to get the correct set up for that meeting & by the way weather it's gp league or a amateur racing I say it's hats off to the riders for giving there all 

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Is Rew not doing Denmark and/or Polish u23 again in 2023 then?

Leszno are following the same route for Rew as they did for both Kurtz & Lidsey. 

Those 2 could not do the U24 Lge as didn't exist until last season. 

They have loanded him to Gdansk in Lge 1 for 2023 (Sunday track with odd Saturday),as it will give him that much needed experience against better riders than the U24 League. Will be mixing it with Kurtz/Musielak/Becker/NKI/Tungate/Bjerre/Basso/Jepsen-Jensen among others plus plenty of promising Poles. Will be good for him and if he progresses will join Leszno first team in 2024 just as Kurtz & Lidsey did. Or he could be loaned out for another season as by then will still only be 20.

Not signed for his 2022 DK team or any other team in DK and squads are as good as done same with Swe. You can check all the squads on Speedway news POL.

This frees him up for UK to ride hopefully both leagues with plenty of rides on most days of the week incl Tue when Poole ride at Plymouth if its Poole he joins.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm quite sure Poole would look at the recommendations of several more Aussies. The question is which ones might they select - if any!?

For me would love to see Rew & Zischke.

This Ziscke lad looks the real deal and only 16/17. Beat Pearson twice in finishing runner up to Rew in Aussie U21 Champ on Saturday Also beat Pearson in NSW U21 previous weekend when Zischke won their U21 title. Good style and all action and even Darcy Ward said he reminds him of how he was at the same age. Strong words. 

Bowes is in the title winning Lublin U24 midweek team for 2023 and Pearson & Brown will be Leszno U24 team for 2023. I think Leszno following the route of U24 - Then a season or two in Lge 1 before deciding if good enough to go in main Leszno team.

Wouldn't be surprised if Leszno or another POL EXL side sign up Zischke before long. If I was impressed seeing videos of him I'm sure the astute Poles will be all over him just as they have done with a lot of the good young Aussie talent coming through.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo
  • Like 1