British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Purple? 

Oo, I think we can get a bit more imaginative. How about puce and lilac with highlights?

Maureen's on standby, ready to make a whole new batch :P

Edited by False dawn
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Also as there is no Bournemouth football news for the next month due to the World Cup there should not need to be any drip feeding of announcements having to work around Bournemouth grabbing the Echo sports headlines. 

As per usual I am sure they will still drip fee us to get as many headlines as possible which is also good for getting the news out with potential sponsors.

7 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I said for a long time that the Fords were the masters of any UK club releasing news to the media for maximum affect. Its jut that last season it kind of dragged on and most teams were already known well before Poole's was finalised, meaning we near enough knew what it was well before it was announced.

Be interesting to see who we can eliminate as others start announcing there line ups. A few already announced multiple riders even before today's meeting.

I prefer it when clubs announce one rider at a time. Means I can predict teams throughout the winter, which I've always enjoyed doing. When a team announces all 7 in one go, I feel what's there left to talk about lol!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What has he said that is likely to make him look stupid?

He's gone to the Press beforehand and basically claimed , it's all sorted, it's just a rubber stamping exercise and there will be no ranting and raving.

When you see and read what the final agreed outcome is, and  based on the fact that it wasn't sorted, it wasn't rubber stamped, there was at the very least some dummies thrown out of prams and the final outcome is fundamentally different to the anticipated outcome, you'll realise that he'd have been better advised to keep his mouth zipped.

I'm talking CL, there are different issues with PL apparently.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

He's gone to the Press beforehand and basically claimed , it's all sorted, it's just a rubber stamping exercise and there will be no ranting and raving.

When you see and read what the final agreed outcome is, and  based on the fact that it wasn't sorted, it wasn't rubber stamped, there was at the very least some dummies thrown out of prams and the final outcome is fundamentally different to the anticipated outcome, you'll realise that he'd have been better advised to keep his mouth zipped.

I'm talking CL, there are different issues with PL apparently.

Well I am sure he only said what he thought was true at the time. That may have changed but that isn't necessarily his fault. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly some differences of opinion - Main statement due Thursday morning after 'clarification of several points'!!  See brief statement on BSPL website.

Lets hope they have stopped any team for using a guest for the whole season,  after losing their Number one at the start of the season

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Lets hope they have stopped any team for using a guest for the whole season,  after losing their Number one at the start of the season

There may be riders queueing up to Guest at every opportunity. 

However what happened last year with season and near full season Guests needs to be stopped 

• Like 1